Exploxer, Navigator or Radiance,, which one???

Hi all, we are looking at late Feb, early March 2005 eastern route. Prices are comparable for all three ships, however Radiance has 3 sea days. We have cruised the Navigator and Mariner and now looking between these ships. Anybody sailed Exploxer or Radiance and how does it compare to the Navigator? Navigator will be 3 years old on our next cruise, I am not sure on the ages of the Explorer or Radiance, but does the ships look worn out??? What does dry dock entail? Is the ship completely gutted and refurbished? Any help with these questions would be greatly appreicated. We are a family of four, dd age 13 and ds age 11 and looking at booking either an owner's suite or a grand suite. We have been in a grand suite twice before. thanks in advance Jayne

Explorer and Navigator are essentially the same ship. If you have already been on two Voyager class ships you should try a Radiance class vessel. Overall, the Radiance class is more luxurious than the Voyager class. You won't have ice skating and the Promenade so unless those things are essential to you, you won't be missing that much.

Ships are usually refurbished when in dry dock. I don't think they go to the extent of gutting them since there is no real need as things are not really allowed to deteriorate that much.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I am having the same problem. Booked on the Voyager again but I am thinking about trying the Radiance for a change.

Rick

Seven Completed Cruises

Navigator of the Seas 08/07/2004....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;8;7;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Are You Going To? Join Us On Our Roll Call!!

** All Aboard!! ** Navigator of the Seas ** 8/07/04

Seconds Please on the Voyager of the Seas!!!! 02/26/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;2;26;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

More in the Works!!!!

I've sailed the Radiance, Explorer and Navigator.

The differences I remember (besides the balcony walls) are

The Explorer's kids area is not as big as the ones on the Mariner and Navigator.

The Radiance is smaller but still you'll have plenty of room. The Teens area is very small!The Radiance has self leveling pool tables and the Seaview Cafe. Does not have promenade,Johnny Rockets, ice rink.

What they do in dry dock depends on a lot of things. Is it regular scheduled maintenance or is the ship having problems? I've heard anything from new furniture and rugs to a complete overhaul as in the case of the Monarch and the Nordic Empress. Guess it just depends on when the last dry dock was and how much wear and tear the ship receives.

All that said my kids had a great time on both class of ships though my daughter would pick a newer Voyager class ship anyday because it has more room for the teenagers. That said I wouldn't sail this size ship at a school holiday again as it's way too many kids.

Tough choice but I think any of them will be great.

Victoria, Atlantic, Nordic Empress,Tropicale, Oceanic, Grandeur, Nordic Empress, Legend, Destiny, Rotterdam,

OceanPrincess, Monarch, Grandeur,Navigator,

Monarch, Sovereign 5x's, Explorer, Enchantment of the Seas, Radiance 2x's

Up next Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Then Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;12;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Personally, I would choose one of the Radiance class ships. Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade or Jewel. Brilliance is the prettiest ships I've yet been on out of 14. The walls of glass are fantastic. There is never a time that your are not aware of being at sea on a cruise. Voyager class reminds me of going to the Mall of America however glad I did Navigator and had a great time. Will probably not cruise on a ship with 3,400 other guests again. Bigger is not always better. Actually, newer doesn't mean better either. One of my absolute favorite cruises was on Celebrity Horizon which is now 14 yrs old. I think all cruiselines do a great job of keeping their ships in great condition regardless of age. Well, except for the unRegal Empress. icon_mad.gif

Archived