Deadliest Catch

cerros

My nephew loves the show. I remember seeing it talked about here but now can not seem to find it. Which port is that shore excursion in. Is it called something else? What did you think of it if you have taken it? Will a 15 year old boy like it a lot, a little , not at all?

We returned recently from our Alaska cruise and land tour. We did the Deadliest Catch excursion. We booked it on our own and we used the TourSaver book - it was a buy one get one free. I went with my husband, my sister and her husband. We all really liked the tour very much. I think the people giving the tour did a great job and we saw lots of eagles, crabs, and all kinds of sea life. My husband bought a shirt and the DVD. We watched the DVD just the other night and he said he was so glad he bought it. We also watch the show but don't expect the excursion to be like the show. The ship travels in calm water. I can't say enough about the people who gave the presentation - they did a great job. I don't know if your 15 year old would like it or not, all I can say is that the 4 of us really enjoyed it.

Nancy:)

Yes - that should be plenty of time. You need to check what time you arrive and when the Deadliest Catch leaves. It's very near where the ships dock - so it's very walkable to get to the Deadliest Catch boat. We didn't have a lot of time for shopping afterwards, but that was fine with us. We still managed to get what we wanted.

We returned recently from our Alaska cruise and land tour. We did the Deadliest Catch excursion. We booked it on our own and we used the TourSaver book - it was a buy one get one free. I went with my husband, my sister and her husband. We all really liked the tour very much. I think the people giving the tour did a great job and we saw lots of eagles, crabs, and all kinds of sea life. My husband bought a shirt and the DVD. We watched the DVD just the other night and he said he was so glad he bought it. We also watch the show but don't expect the excursion to be like the show. The ship travels in calm water. I can't say enough about the people who gave the presentation - they did a great job. I don't know if your 15 year old would like it or not, all I can say is that the 4 of us really enjoyed it.

That's a good thing. The Ballad gets knocked over on its side by a rogue wave in the show!

I'm seeing it rated as a Top-10 tour on Traveladvisor. Not top 10 in Alaska--Top 10 PERIOD. Let's not go overboard now--I thought it was good, but maybe not THAT good. Then again, the numbers don't lie: 42 people rated it. All 42 unanimously gave it a perfect 5. I've never seen such a thing.

I'm seeing it rated as a Top-10 tour on Traveladvisor. Not top 10 in Alaska--Top 10 PERIOD. Let's not go overboard now--I thought it was good, but maybe not THAT good. Then again, the numbers don't lie: 42 people rated it. All 42 unanimously gave it a perfect 5. I've never seen such a thing.

THis tour is fantastic and and it really gives people the idea clearly of what fishing careers are all about and why people go into fishing as their life work. The adventure these gentleman talk about for their lives are quite interesting and geniune! They are nice guys who are hard working and appreciate the earth they and the fish exist within. I got more than fun out of this excursion. It provided an appreciation for the sea, for hard work and for seafood! Eating crab and halibut and salmon after this excursion has taken on a new meaning for my husband and I. All kids need to take this excursion. YOu will not regret your decision going to this tour. There is nothing "HOKEY" at all with this excursion! These guys and what they offer for an insight into fishing and sealife is what life and being proud of what you do is what this is all about! Being a professional women I have a new way to think about those that work our earth each and everyday. It has made me even proud of where I grew up on a farm in Ohio. Those that work with the earth and its bounties are to be appreciated and to be treasured as they can tell us what is important to life! See all the eagles sure does make you proud of our country!

CincinnatiGal

Has this tour been around for a while? We went to Ketchikan last year and I don't remember seeing it at all and would have been all over it then!

I believe this tour started last year - so it is relatively new.

Where do you get the toursaver book?

You can get a book at www.toursaver.com. You can also see other coupons that may want to use on your trip. The books are expensive, but using just the deadliest catch coupon I more than paid for the book.

You can also check out ebay to see books that people are selling. I am currently selling my toursaver book, but you would not be interested in it because I used the Deadliest Catch coupon. It's worth a try to check out ebay.

Good luck and have a great time in Alaska - I know you will. We LOVED it.

Your son will be in heaven! We saw Deadliest Catch souveniers everywhere! T-shirts, DVDs, playing cards, etc. We even "supposedly"

had crab that was caught by the Northwestern at Tracy's Crab Shack

in Juneau. Unfortunately, we weren't able to take the excursion, but

we certainly will make time for it next time!

PT

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from our Alaska Cruise this past week. We have 4 children (2-13y/o, 14y/o and 18 y/o)... They all loved the Deadliest Catch!!.. It's really fun and the crew are hands on and sure to give you all the information they can! They called eagles (which is amazing!) and show you up close how they do there job!.. If your not dressed warm enough, they have warm rain jackets and heaters onboard. I would highly recommend this tour! They have been running this tour for 2 years. I'm really glad we took this tour!:p

With the Toursaver book do you make reservations ahead of time? I'm thinking you would almost have to since the ships are making their reservations ahead of time.

It would be a shame to purchase the book and not be able to use the coupons. Having checked out a few of the tours we would likely take, it sure would be a nice savings and allow us to take more tours. :)

With the Toursaver book do you make reservations ahead of time? I'm thinking you would almost have to since the ships are making their reservations ahead of time.

It would be a shame to purchase the book and not be able to use the coupons. Having checked out a few of the tours we would likely take, it sure would be a nice savings and allow us to take more tours. :)

Yes, you have to call to make a reservation. Just let them know you want to use a toursaver coupon. They'll ask for payment so have your card handy.

We booked this a couple of weeks ago through HAL for $159 each. I went on it last year and really enjoyed it!! I love the show!

The crew seemed genuine about sharing their experiences with crab fishing. It was very interesting and informative. :)

Archived