Easy way around the Early Saver price drop form.

Fat Boy

I'm sure others have done this, but I haven't seen it posted yet. In watching the prices for my ES-booked November cruise on the Holiday, I found that as each category sold out, they would offer the next level up at or below the last.

I went from a 4A to a 6A to a 6B. I could've stepped from the 4A to a 5A (before the 6A), but wasn't paying close enough attention.

In each case, the upgraded cabin was priced LOWER than the one I was booked in. Rather than just submitting the form and getting the lower rate on my cabin, I called Carnival each time and got the upgraded cabin AND the lower rate. I'm now about $30/less per person than when I started, and I've moved up a couple categories.

The room I released is now available on Carnival website for #229. That's $30/person less than I had booked it, and $20 less than my upgrade. If anyone has a 6A booked on Holiday Nov 2nd, get your rebate form filled out now before that cabin gets booked.

I don't get it. Can you explain it to me again.

In the specific case the 'better' and more expensive cabins on the OP's cruise dropped to a price below that he/she paid originally paid for the 'cheaper' cabin category. Instead of submitting the price drop form, the person got upgraded to a nicer cabin and/or a price drop without having to submit the form.

Hope that helps

Archived