What's up with Dream out of NYC

Fire LT

I am planning to book the Dream out of NY for the week of Thanksgiving using the early saver option. I decided to see what staterooms are available and was shock to see the number of rooms available. There will be 4 of us going and so checked balcony rooms for 4 and found 63 rooms available for 4. Four of the categories (7A, 8B, 8C, 8D and 8E) showed the maximum of 10 (which is the most I could find on the web site for any category) which probably means there are even more. Then for grins and giggles I checked all rooms that can accomidate 4 people and came up with 108 total with OV cat 6C and inside 4G and 4F showing the max of 10 listing.

Being the curious type I went on to check on cabins for 2 people and the grand total was 213 with 9 balcony categories showing the max of 10, suite category 11 having the max of 10, OV 6C...6B...6A showing the max of 10 as well as inside categories 4B through 4G as well as 4S showing 10 opennings.

So all told by going to the Carnival web site I found 321 staterooms listed and since 10 is the max listed for any one category there are probably a lot more.

Now my question...is it unusual to see this many rooms available 5 months out? Also...if I book now using the early saver rate and the rates go down in the future will I be able to get the difference in either an OBC or a rate reduction?

Alan

I'm not sure about the Dream room part of your question ... but for Early Saver - if rates go down before final payment they will reduce your balance owed. After final payment you will receive OBC.

With ES, don't forget to check ALL the rates you are eligible for for price drops, not just the ES category (ie. past guest, resident rate, etc).

Good luck, and have fun if you decide to book!

Maybe they are overpricing this itin? Carnival usually trys to price gouge any southern cruise out of NYC anyway and you have a triple play here.......Holiday week....new ship...and NYC southern cruise!!!!

Just my 2cents garnered from what I have observed over the years!:mad:

Maybe they are overpricing this itin? Carnival usually trys to price gouge any southern cruise out of NYC anyway and you have a triple play here.......Holiday week....new ship...and NYC southern cruise!!!!

Just my 2cents garnered from what I have observed over the years!:mad:

Booked 2 consecutive 4F interior cabins on this cruise. :D

congrats...but you are answering the wrong poster...I just suggested some answers as to why he couldn't book...and since you were able to book maybe you should address him and answer some of his quandries.

It makes no difference to me if you booked 2/4 or6 consecutive cruises as I am not interested in booking this ship right now:D.

btw, it is the:D in your post that prompted my scarcasm...no harm done though:)

I think you misunderstand the OP. He wants to know why so many cabins are still available, not if you can book one. Of course you could book a cabin as there are many available....I just suggested reasons why they may still be available. Hope you got a decent price, though.

They'll fill the ship. Right now, they are waiting on those early bookers who will buy at the current rates. As the cruise gets closer, the prices will come down and those who wait will get a better deal.

That's one of their marketing strategies folks, on all their cruises.

Archived