NYC Cruise Ship Photo Question.

Hi Everyone Again,

This is Nick. I have read people say you are allowed to take photos of the NYC Cruise Ships at Street Level adjacent to the ship docked in NYC. Are you allowed to stand in front of where the buses drop off passengers to the ship to take photos of the ship? Please let me know. Any info is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Nick

as far as I know the only place they prohibit pictures is in the parking lot(they are also prohibited in the customs area). Given that you can take all the pictures you want from the ship its a stupid rule IMO...and you can also get decent aerial photos from mapquest

I took a picture of the Caribbean Princess from the parking lot where the bus dropped us off; it's partially blocked by a building. I wasn't the only one taking pictures, and no one said anything to us.

that is in Brooklyn, the Guard in Manhattan stops people taking pictures in the parking lot that is on top of the pier. Its a stupid rule but is enforced....I have tons of pictures in Brooklyn, they never stop you.

We took pics of the NCL Gem from street level in Manhattan. The security guard actually let us enter a gate to get a better pic. Not sure if everyone will have this opportunity, but we did.

Archived