tender

luvtravel38

Yes, you can see land. The ride is 15-20 minutes and most of the tenders are big. Here is a picture taken inside the last one we were on. There was also seating up on top.

2393612710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

And a tender approaching the Glory

2577022950064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Gail....How did you get the pics in your reply? I have been trying to figure this out forever?

I use webshots, but I think there are several picture sharing websites you can choose from. I upload my pictures there, then go to the place where it says "link to this picture", (on webshots I check the box 600), then copy and paste the link in the body of my post.

I am not certan about this but I think the ships are pretty far out because of some reefs that block large ships from getting too close to the port. I could be wrong about this.

This was my understanding as well when we were there in October. However, the cruise I am on next week lists us as being docked rather than tendering in. I'm assuming it's a mistake (?)

The ship is tendered a few miles off shore. About 15 minutes ride. Just got back from this destination, and the day we were at Belize it rained off and on pretty good that day and quite windy. It is now Hurricane season. Riding back to ship the water was pretty rough, and the tenders drive pretty fast. Not for the faint at heart. It was an excursion in and of itself. Once we got to the ship we were bobbing out near the ship for a good 30 minutes since the water was too rough to hook up to the ship. Plus the ship was moving.

IMG_3381.jpg.7b012de6b8f28503db7f55b28a9d3972.jpg

They did have tender groupings (tickets) to get off the ship. We just went down to 0 deck since our cabin was on Riviera (Deck 1) and no groups were leaving at that time so they just let us go . I think we just happeened to be in between groups. As for how early, I'm not sure since we didn't have any excursion planned. You may need to ensure you are part of the first groups to leave if you have a early excursion. They have 2 tenders leaving at one time. They fit a good 50 people. The Capers said at 8:30AM tender tickets would be distributed. Passengers had to be back on ship at 4:15PM

Archived