Pier 91 and disembarkation

shoesonfire

I've got a question about returning to Seattle after the cruise. I know we're due to dock Seattle on Fri. 7/17 at 6 a.m. and from our past experiences, the staff is eager to get you through breakfast and off the ship. We have friends who will be picking us up at the Pier, and although we'll be able to communicate via cell phones, they are traveling from Olympia, WA (1 hr. drive time) and could get caught up in traffic,etc. My question is does anyone know if there are coffee shops, etc. withing walking distance from the pier where it might be easier for us to wait or are there such places at the pier?

No, Pier 91 is in a rather industrial area and there's really not anything within walking distance. I don't remember seeing any coffee shops etc right at the terminal but I wasn't really looking for them either.

You should be fine staying on the ship until your friends get there if you call your friends once they first start disembarking passengers and they get on the road right away. I was far from the last group called off, and I wasn't called off until about 45 minutes after the first group was allowed to disembark.

The cell phone parking lot is adjacent to the parking lot for passengers' cars. It is at the exit from the bridge. Look for signs. It is best to wait there! Pier 91 pickup is A MESS! Taxi, limo, vans, private pickups, shuttles, all merge into one lane! Terrible design. It will take maybe 15 minutes from the cell phone waiting area to the curb. Bring your own coffee.

Archived