Vip check in

Chris and Em

VIP check-in is great, you get on before anyone else if you arrive around 10:30....but the best thing about after 10 cruises and you are platinum is the free wash and fold laundry service....Dennis

okay so it is ON the 10th cruise? I've heard 10th and I've heard after the 10th. What about the rest of your party? It will be my fiance's 10th, but we are not booked in the same room. We plan on switching at check in. We booked with friends that are seniors to get a better rate and will switch. But if he gets priority boarding will we all get it?

okay so it is ON the 10th cruise? I've heard 10th and I've heard after the 10th. What about the rest of your party? It will be my fiance's 10th, but we are not booked in the same room. We plan on switching at check in. We booked with friends that are seniors to get a better rate and will switch. But if he gets priority boarding will we all get it?

Our friend was in a suite (but he also planned the trip as well so that could have something to do with it) but the entire party, regardless of room category or how many trips they had been on, were allowed to check in with him in VIP.

Our friend was in a suite (but he also planned the trip as well so that could have something to do with it) but the entire party, regardless of room category or how many trips they had been on, were allowed to check in with him in VIP.

Not any more. They are very strict about this. Just the people in your cabin can board with you!!!!!!!!!!

Nowdays it's hit or miss, they might or might not let you check-in together; reportedly, the current rule is that if the cabins are in the same booking, then everyone can go VIP. ken

Not any more. They are very strict about this. Just the people in your cabin can board with you!!!!!!!!!!

I just asked my PVP this question, we are Platinum & she said we can take two additional cabins with us to the VIP Boarding. Anyone else had any experience with this? I even saved the e-mail so I could print & take it with me!!!LOL

I hope all of you boarding in VIP that don't belong there realize.....VIP S&S cards are in the VIP area. The person checking in VIP will have to leave the area to get the regular S&S cards.

Result: You have now delayed the people that have earned or paid for the privilege.

I just asked my PVP this question, we are Platinum & she said we can take two additional cabins with us to the VIP Boarding. Anyone else had any experience with this? I even saved the e-mail so I could print & take it with me!!!LOL

Just ask when you get there........we never had a problem......

Just ask when you get there........we never had a problem......

OK, thanks, we are traveling with another couple & we have linked our cabins with Carnival. We are Platinum & they are not. I'll e-mail my PVP & ask her about what they do as far as their sail & sign cards.

My DH,DD and I were booked in a suite. We added my DD friend after final payment. I had to move to the other stateroom with her since you can't book under 21 in a stateroom w/o an adult. They are 18yo and they will be in the other SR and I will be in the suite. we are not under the same booking # but are linked together. My DH and DD funpass say VIP and mine doesn't. Since we are a family group, do you think they will let us board together? My goal was to get on the ship asap and book a cabana at HMC. I'm a little PO that i have to give up my VIP, not at Carnival but at my DD's friend who decided to join us at the last minute and make this all very complicated!

For those of you depending on what your PVP said....don't take that to the bank. Most of us around here know that you can call Carnival ten times and get ten different answers. And even if you received the same answer regarding this issue, you can still be refused once at port.

The last couple of times I boarded in Miami, I noticed a couple of people asked to have non-Plats board VIP and were turned away.

All you can do is ask when you get there. Don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

It won't be long before the true platinum and suite VIP's will have a shorter wait in the regular line because the rest of the ship will be connected in someway to one Cat 12 and all board through VIP. Cindy

I think it all depends on who is working at the time of arrival... Last week upon arriving at the Port of Miami, I just asked the lady if we could bring the family with us, telling her some of us are Platinum, others are not and she said NO, non-VIP tickets are not in the VIP Room... In the past we have been able to all board together... But quite honestly, her answer was correct... the tickets for non-VIPs would not be in the VIP Room and in the past when all of us were allowed in the VIP Room for check-in, the Carnival Rep did have to leave the room to get their tickets.

It really was no big deal especially since we got there early (10:30). Six of us went into the VIP Room and checked in, the others got on the regular line. At 10:45 the others were allowed to come and sit with us and board with us at 11:30 when they announced boarding for VIPs.

I hope all of you boarding in VIP that don't belong there realize.....VIP S&S cards are in the VIP area. The person checking in VIP will have to leave the area to get the regular S&S cards.

Result: You have now delayed the people that have earned or paid for the privilege.

Brenda is right. There are enough of us Saints and Sinners to take the whole group VIP if every Platinum member can take two other cabins. Just think how bad that would be if you were not with our group and had to wait behind all of us, with them having to go to the other side and get the "NON"VIP peoples sign and sail cards.

Is in Galveston, you will go through Security like everyone else and once you get inside, there is a seperate line for VIP Check-In. We've not sailed through Galveston in a couple of years so maybe it has changed since then or my memory of the experience is different but that's what I can remember.

I think it all depends on who is working at the time of arrival... Last week upon arriving at the Port of Miami, I just asked the lady if we could bring the family with us, telling her some of us are Platinum, others are not and she said NO, non-VIP tickets are not in the VIP Room... In the past we have been able to all board together... But quite honestly, her answer was correct... the tickets for non-VIPs would not be in the VIP Room and in the past when all of us were allowed in the VIP Room for check-in, the Carnival Rep did have to leave the room to get their tickets.

It really was no big deal especially since we got there early (10:30). Six of us went into the VIP Room and checked in, the others got on the regular line. At 10:45 the others were allowed to come and sit with us and board with us at 11:30 when they announced boarding for VIPs.

I see this as the way to go. On my son's 21st birthday cruise two of the 7 of us were not VIP, they got to board with us so we could get a picture of all of us together. I normally would not of cared, as I normally don't take the boarding photo, but since my son had just met his father, sister and grandparents the day before, I though it was a good picture to get.

Archived