NCL Spirit Aft Cabin Questions

RinfromMA

My husband and I just upgraded from a balcony cabin to an AD level suite, #9212. I've read a lot here about various positives and negatives, and I'm hoping someone who has been in this room recently can answer them.

1. Any recent pix? A lot I've seen are kind of old.

2. How bad is the vibration issue? I've read anything from it making sleep impossible to being barely noticeable.

3. How much does one generally tip a butler and a concierge at the end of the trip? Does it depend on how much one uses their services, or is it more of a flat rate?

4. If one orders food in this suite, is a tip added, or is that part of why you tip at the end for the butler?

5. The breakfast and lunch at Cagney's -- are they at an added cost or included? I've read posts that seem to imply both.

6. Are the special cocktail parties with the captain or otherwise for suites dressy or still "cruise casual"?

7. One review talked about a sewage smell in one of these aft cabins. I've read that about a few other cabins on Spirit. Is it something others have experienced in these (this) cabin?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Radio recently posted a live report thread with tons of pictures of the Spirit from Boston.

Propellers captivate, its normal. But the ship may vibrate more than a ship with azipods aft. How much more is a question of opinion...

Tip the butler by usage, not a flat rate.

One should consider dining in the suites for tipping the butler at the end of the cruise, usage again...

Breakfast and lunch at Cagneys for the suite passengers are included. Its only the dinners which everyone can enjoy that have a surcharge. Breakfast and lunch is a perk for suite passengers...

NCL has embraced resort casual. Resort casual is welcomed every where on the ship.

I have yet to read about any sewage smells on the Spirit. I think you have the Spirit confused with the Sky...

7. One review talked about a sewage smell in one of these aft cabins. I've read that about a few other cabins on Spirit. Is it something others have experienced in these (this) cabin?

I haven't been on the Spirit, but twice on the Sun -- one bow mini-suite, one stern mini-suite. In my experience, the solution to curtailing the sewage smell is to pour about three glasses of water into the floor drain each morning and evening. That might work out to overkill, but it's also cheap insurance. Evidently the motion of the ship can void the fume trap faster than in land-lubbing sanitation systems.

The stewards ought to do this for you, but I think they overlook it, or figure that once every few days is enough. It doesn't seem to be. Make the water-pouring part of your normal bathroom ritual, and fuhgedaboudit.:cool:

Archived