Maui - How to get to Old Lahaina Luau

Ballzee

Aloha!

My wife and I are sailing from Oahu on 8/29, and want to go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Maui on 8/30. Problem is, getting from the ship to the luau. Sure, I could rent a car, but with those drinks flowing, thought it would be best to let someone else drive.

Checking with the cabs, they are $140.00! I did have post on Craig's List and a local offered for $50.00.

Any other thoughts? I can't find a shuttle service or anything.

Thanks!

Where is your ship going to be stopping at? If it is Kahalui, bite the bullet, appoint a designated driver, and rent a car, easiest and quickest way to get there. I think that they have free parking (a rarity in Lahaina), or, you can park in the shopping center across the street, and walk over.

If you are tendering from Lahaina, it is a good hike up Front Street, cab is about $5

There are no buses that run that late at night to get you back to ship. But we rented a car and did the drive last January, the drive was spectacular with lots of kodak moments along the way. Its quite an easy drive both there and back. Go early and spend some time in Lahaina, then the luau is just a short drive down the street.

As for parking park either at the Luau or across at the mall which is no problem parking there. But park in a spot thats close to making a run out of there, cut your luau short by 5 min and leave before the crowd. You will be able to sense when the end is near. The reason I say this is so that you can make it back to the care rental to get their last shuttle to the ship.

It was a great Luau, food and the drinks were plentiful and not watered down.

Aloha!

My wife and I are sailing from Oahu on 8/29, and want to go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Maui on 8/30. Problem is, getting from the ship to the luau. Sure, I could rent a car, but with those drinks flowing, thought it would be best to let someone else drive.

Checking with the cabs, they are $140.00! I did have post on Craig's List and a local offered for $50.00.

Any other thoughts? I can't find a shuttle service or anything.

Thanks!

Just got back from POA. We did the Old Lahaina Luau. Trust me, rent the car. We did the Maui on Your Own, so it was only $40 thru NCL. Was great. The day we went there was a brush fire by Hwy 30 which you take to get there, so it took us longer to get back to the rental car place than normal. They kept the office opoen and their shuttle to the ship running. Great experience!!!

Archived