Omni Mont-Royal in Montreal

I'm finding a price for $105.11 US for this hotel. Since that's pretty inexpensive it gives me pause...

I'll just need the hotel for one night. Traveling solo. Cab from airport to hotel, then hotel to port. Probably won't be doing any touristy stuff. Just want a safe, clean, quiet, location with a good bar, room service, coffee making stuff in the room and pay per view type movies. Need a smoking room. Also will need porter service for my luggage.

I've had a few "interesting" experiences in the past in other foreign cities, so thought I'd do a double check before booking.

Any advice???

Nothing wrong with the Omni. Fine hotel. Just that for Montreal it's not a "special" place and the usual anonymous hotel. Corner of Peel and Sherbrooke West. Walking distance to the metro. It's a busy corner. Easy walk over to shopping or Crescent.

The price in Montreal often reflects the "experience". Montreal is a joie de vivre type city, so something boring and ordinary doesn't create a draw. The Omni fits in that class.

Taxi ride should be about $9 or so from the port to the hotel. Make sure you tell the driver to turn on the meter and if he acts up there is a phone number listed for complaints... and take your camera or cell phone and make like you are taking a picture of his licence. That's something that taxi drivers everywhere understand :)

From the hotel to the airport should be $38 fixed rate by taxi or $16 by shuttle. The shuttle will pick you up at the hotel, transfer you a the bus station and then take you to the airport.

Ephraim - thanks so much for the info. You've given me just the information I needed. Willing to pay less, as I'm just looking at the hotel as a place to eat and sleep for the night. Just want to make sure I'm not getting some kind of fleabag place and that the level of service will be a good start for my cruise. I'll probably have lots of luggage :eek: and the only other need I'll have is good porter service.

I'll be pretty exhausted from work up until the day I fly out and just want to get a good meal and a good night's sleep so I'm ready for the cruise! Actually, the more "ordinary" the better.

I'll be joining the ship in Montreal, so, I'll plan on the $39 fare from the airport to the Hotel, then about $9 from the hotel to the port the next morning.

Thanks again for the info.

I assume you mean the 19e Siecle or XIXe Siecle.... in other words the 19th Century or XIXth Century.

Basically a hotel trying to be a boutique hotel but using modern cheap furniture in the rooms. Wonderful old building. Good location. But if they paid as much detail to the rooms as they do the lobby the place would be packed.

Archived