Lobster on Ryndam?

cocos

We were on the Ryndam, 6/12-6/19. We were served Surf and

Turf on the second formal night, in our case, the fifth night of the cruise. We were on the Southbound leg of the Hubbard Glacier cruise with stops in Sitka, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. Hope this helps.

If we do not go to the dining room for the 2nd formal night, are we still able to get the Surf and Turf in the Lido or do we have to order it for room service?

On our 2nd formal night, we ordered from room service. I got surf x 2, no "turf", and it was fabulous. Everything we ordered was absolutely correct, and the right temperature. That evening is one of my best memories of that cruise. :) Just a bunch o' wimmin chilling out and doing "girl talk" :) while enjoying some great food.

Just returned from the Baltic aboard Eurodam. I'd looked forward to the lobster tail for months before the cruise, even booking Pinnacle Grill for the night we celebrated my birthday to enjoy the lobster twice. Imagine my disappointment when it was served in MDR on second formal night....and had no flavor whatsoever! No sweetness, no nothing except the drawn butter. Before ordering at PG, I inquired if they served the same lobster as MDR. Answer was "yes, but it is prepared differently". When I pointedly asked what difference that made, I was told that all HAL's lobster is frozen, thus the loss of flavor. So if they start with the same frozen lobster, I cannot for the life of me figure out how it would taste any better - can you? So I ordered the salmon steak - which was huge and absolutely delicious.

In order to avoid disappointment, you may want to go to your favorite lobster restaurant before your cruise.

Archived