Golden Princess British Isles

tigre8664

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked on this cruise, too. I'll be interested to read what others can tell us about it. Have you found a roll call for our trip? We still haven't decided whether to use Princess for our air and transfers--any suggestions? We're also planning to spend 2 or 3 nights in London after the cruise.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys-we're on the May 22 sailing, and we've been doing a lot of port research. Feel free to read our roll call, we've even started organizing some independent excursions. Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=67799

I don't think anyone is doing the pre-tour, though. We're all spending time in London or Paris or the English countryside instead.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in touch with Fred at Busybus about setting up a tour to 2 castles and sightseeing similar to what the May group is doing. There are just two of us, so we'd like to find a few others to join a group. Fred says that it would run about $65 per person if we can come up with 10. Anyone interested?

This is for the June 11 departure of the Golden Princess, in Holyhead on June 15.

:rolleyes:

We are booked on the 6/11/05 Golden Princess British Isles trip. Anyone done this trip? What were the highlights for you? Any shore excursions you would particularly recommend?

We are also interested in any help with shore excursions on Golden Princess for the May 8 cruise from NY to Southampton. Any suggestions on which of the GPrincess shore excursions might be good? Anyone been to Giverny (Monets home/garden) is it worth big $$

HELP??:confused:

:cool: Looks like a lot of people on this cruise have already set up private shore ex. If there is anyone out there planning any private excursions for this cruise would like to know? Looked into several ports today and the Princess shore ex seem very expensive and not too interesting. Think we could do better on some private ex. Sunday is the day we will be in Dublin therefore lots of shops will be closed so don't count on any shopping. From what I understand Belfast doesn't offer too much to see and do? Can anyone add any information to this.

patt

I have been in touch with Fred at Busybus about setting up a tour to 2 castles and sightseeing similar to what the May group is doing. There are just two of us, so we'd like to find a few others to join a group. Fred says that it would run about $65 per person if we can come up with 10. Anyone interested?

This is for the June 11 departure of the Golden Princess, in Holyhead on June 15.

There are 3 of us on that cruise...my husband, my aunt, and I. We might be interested in an excursion.

Fred just contacted me yesterday and said that he had 18 people interested in this tour, counting my husband and me. You must be part of that group, KG. He did say that we are now scheduled to be in Holyhead all day, not starting at 1 p.m. which is what the itinerary shows. I can't find the change on the Princess website. Does anyone know where it is?

I called Princess and then gave Fred that information. All the other itineraries for this cruise had Holyhead scheduled from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm, so I called Princess and they verified that the website was indeed incorrect and that we would be in Holyhead from 7am-6pm.

Cupcake,

Your right, we are 6 of the 18. This tour appears to be exactly what we are looking for. We look forward to seeing you there! I did note that you are from Snellville, GA. We are from Cleveland, TN, about 2 1/2 hours from you.

KG in Tennessee

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cupcake and kGuth,

I'm also on the cruise and doing the "Rings of Kerry" pre-trip. I'm from Roswell Georgia so it looks like we have a group from the South going. This should be a fun trip. Is the Holyhead private tour closed to new people yet?

- Lynne

bermkitty,

I am also surprised at the number of people from the Atlanta vicinity that will be on this cruise. My group is going to London for two days prior to the cruise. We got a great rate for the Dolphin Square Hotel thru Priceline. In may last e-mail from Fred, there were still some seats available on the 25 seat bus. Contact Fred at fred@busybus.co.uk to see what is still available. After submitting my final payment to Princess, I am really starting to get excited about this trip. If I can only get something worked out to play golf somewhere on this trip!

KG in Cleveland, Tennessee

Go Vols

Jules,

Thanks for confirming that we actually will be there early enough in the morning to do the entire tour. I see that they've updated it on the Princess website now.

I bet Fred would add another bus if we got more than the 25 for the minibus. He's great about answering e-mail, so it should be easy to find out.

It's going to be great to have so many people from our area on this cruise. Wish we could do our London stay prior to the cruise, but I have to be at work. We're staying 3 nights at the end of the cruise. Princess is setting it up, so we're paying too much.

Marge

• 2 weeks later...

KGuth125,

Did you see the golf link on another post? (I think it was under the roll call section). It looks like Princess does have some golf opportunities on our tour.

For everyone else...how about planning to meet the first night of sail-away. Since I'm new to Princess where would the best place be to meet?

Lynne

Bermkitty, if it's the PrincessGolf program you are referring to, I have found out that it's not being offered. And yes, I'm crushed to find that out. There are other ways to book golf. One suggestion I had from someone who lived in Scotland was to look into playing one of the course on the west coast south of Glasgow. The "big name" courses are tougher to get on, but it might be possible. I believe Royal Troon is in that area if you want to play an Open Championship course.

Here is the message I received about the golf program:

"Thank you for inquiring with Elite Golf Cruises. Unfortunately we will not be running the golf program on the Golden Princess during its stay in Europe. You will have to go through Princess Cruise Lines for assistance with this request."

bermkitty and spongerob,

I was very interested in finding out that Princess will not be offering golf on this cruise. Never being one to miss out on a chance to play golf, I have been in contact with the local course in Kirkwall and with Island Golf Club (what a fantastic looking links course!) in Dublin. Tee times are available and I intend to play at both places. The folks at Kirkwall are very friendly and the course appears to be close. Island Golf Club is accessable via rail service and a short taxi ride. With the later tee time, I should be able to get in sightseeing in Dublin and a round later that afternoon. E-mail me if any one is interested in enlarging my "onesome".

My group is starting to get really excited about this trip.

KG in Tennessee

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the people in the UK are going to be treated to lots of the Southern drawl. I'm also booked on that cruise. (from the Memphis, TN area) Anyone have any kids in the kids program? What about old folks - are any of you "old" :-)

Brochevot, I was just going to ask what the age range might be for Princess. I've always sailed with Carnival, and expect a slightly more conservative ship, which is nice, as I'm anything but a drinker/hard partier.

Would you believe that I'm already packed over 3 weeks ahead of time? A lot of my clothes are too warm for the southwest weather (80's & 90's F) and are not prone to wrinkling, so why wait? lol I always have whatever's wrinkled steamed when I arrive anyway.

Is anyone actually bringing a swimsuit on this cruise?

One More Question: I'm considering the Taste of Ireland & Shopping in the first port of call, Dublin. I would love to hear (or be directed to!) any reviews on this excursion, as it sounds just wonderful.

Brochevot, I was just going to ask what the age range might be for Princess. I've always sailed with Carnival, and expect a slightly more conservative ship, which is nice, as I'm anything but a drinker/hard partier.

Would you believe that I'm already packed over 3 weeks ahead of time? A lot of my clothes are too warm for the southwest weather (80's & 90's F) and are not prone to wrinkling, so why wait? lol I always have whatever's wrinkled steamed when I arrive anyway.

Is anyone actually bringing a swimsuit on this cruise?

One More Question: I'm considering the Taste of Ireland & Shopping in the first port of call, Dublin. I would love to hear (or be directed to!) any reviews on this excursion, as it sounds just wonderful.

SugarFreeSheila,

Your after my heart when you say your packed three weeks in advance. I am bringing my swimsuit and plan to use it in the lap pool. In regard to age, my group of 6 includes ages 15, 16, 44, 45, 72, and 73. We leave three weeks from today. I'm really starting to get excited.

KG in Tennessee

Archived