Ship Shape Credits???

VABeach

Shipshape "dollars" are what you get when you complete certain activities, such as "walk-a-mile", the morning stretch, pilates classes, yoga, etc. Only activities that are designated by the ship will earn you a dollar (little slips of paper with shipshape typed on them). On the last day of the cruise you can trade them in. I just got off the Empress of the Seas today, and for my 5 "dollars" I got a lanyard. The most valuable prize was a beach bag for 20 shipshape dollars. You could also earn a keychain, a workout towel, a t-shirt, a hat and a couple other things I can't remember.

How do you sign up for "walk a mile" and things like that?

For walk a mile, you just show up to the sky bar (usually). They have one of the cruise directors staff up there handing them out, so they don't monitor how far you've actually gone.

My only issue with the walk a mile programs is that on shore days, they are usually too late in the morning to do aything about it (usually 8:00 or 8:30 am), which doesn't help us that are already getting off the ship that early. They also have afternoon sessions (around 4:30-4:45-ish), but again, it's either too early or too late baased on when you get back in from your excursion, or when you have dinner.

Yes, you do have to pay for the yoga, pilates, and "cycling in motion". The fee on the Empress was $10. They had a couples pilates class for $49. The walk-a-mile and "pure and simple stretch" were free. The walk-a-mile was every day at 8:30 and 4:30 (as the previous poster said - hard to do on shore days). The Empress had other ways to earn credits, such as pool games, mini golf, ring toss, aqua fit, water balloon toss, volleyball (passengers vs. staff), and shuffleboard which were all free as well as far as I know (I didn't participate but there was no fee listed in the Cruise Compass).

The staff on the Splendour did monitor how far you walked. There was a lady that would try to walk half a lap and then ask her dollar. They were very polite and told her to keep walking she needed to a few more laps.

Your Compass, daily schedule, will have a little icon that shows you want qualifies for a ship shape dollar. They even give them out for learning to line dance.

You also can save your dollars from a previous cruise and use them on the next cruise. We both got T-shirts on our last cruise. I ate what I wanted and didn't gain any weight.

Archived