sea lions in PV

lv2snorkel

has anyone done the sea lion encounter in PV???? Need some feedback and experiences Thank you

We are booked to do a sea lion encounter in a few weeks so I dont have any feedback yet.

However I wanted to mention that someone on our roll call mentioned that her daughter had done it and posted some photos. But after seeing the photos, it sounds like a different excursion. So there must be two different sea lion encounters in PV. One appears to be in a pool and the other appears to be at a beach called Las Caletas.

has anyone done the sea lion encounter in PV???? Need some feedback and experiences Thank you

I did a sea lion encounter in PV a few years ago...and I hope they have changed it. Ours was out in open water. The description said that you were able to swim with sea lions in their natural habitat and what not. We all thought it would be great. However...there were not sea lions, there was a (one) sea lion and it was wearing a shock collar and carried in a cage in a boat to the place we were suppose to "swim" with it. There really was no swimming. We tossed a few rings onto its nose, got to touch it and that was about it. The excursion was really disorganized. No one knew where to meet and no one came to get us. The only reason we found the excursion was because of the big sea lion in a cage on a boat and swam out to it. The woman who ran the excursion was not very nice and got mad at me for having a belly button ring. So I had to swim back to the shore, take it out and then swim back...which took some time. If they would've had a defined meeting area that wouldn't have happened because they would've gone over the "dos & don'ts" I would assume.

We talked with the cruise line afterwards and our money was refunded. We were all really dissappointed. I have been on 5 cruises and this excursion by far was the worst I have ever been on.

Now...they might have changed it. But that was our experience with it. I hope this helps. :)

I did a sea lion encounter in PV a few years ago...and I hope they have changed it. Ours was out in open water. The description said that you were able to swim with sea lions in their natural habitat and what not. We all thought it would be great. However...there were not sea lions, there was a (one) sea lion and it was wearing a shock collar and carried in a cage in a boat to the place we were suppose to "swim" with it. There really was no swimming. We tossed a few rings onto its nose, got to touch it and that was about it. The excursion was really disorganized. No one knew where to meet and no one came to get us. The only reason we found the excursion was because of the big sea lion in a cage on a boat and swam out to it. The woman who ran the excursion was not very nice and got mad at me for having a belly button ring. So I had to swim back to the shore, take it out and then swim back...which took some time. If they would've had a defined meeting area that wouldn't have happened because they would've gone over the "dos & don'ts" I would assume.

We talked with the cruise line afterwards and our money was refunded. We were all really dissappointed. I have been on 5 cruises and this excursion by far was the worst I have ever been on.

Now...they might have changed it. But that was our experience with it. I hope this helps. :)

was this the Las Caletas one? you have got me nervous!:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked to do a sea lion encounter in a few weeks so I dont have any feedback yet.

However I wanted to mention that someone on our roll call mentioned that her daughter had done it and posted some photos. But after seeing the photos, it sounds like a different excursion. So there must be two different sea lion encounters in PV. One appears to be in a pool and the other appears to be at a beach called Las Caletas.

Which one are you doing? Please let me know how it goes as we want to book for August

Archived