NY - Caribbean Princess - Summer 2010

Wavrider

Looking into cruising on Princess because I can drive right to the pier.

Has anyone cruised out of NY on the Caribbean Princess?

Can you give me details on what to except.

Parking

Rates

Ease of getting on/off ship

Weather

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess in May '08.

Sorry, can't tell you much about parking or rates; I went with a group of about 40, and we hired a bus to take us from CT to the pier.

As I recall, the check-in process was fairly painless, don't recall waiting too long.

Weather? It's summer in New York City. Could be hot, could be not, could be rainy, could be sunny.... but if you're in a location where you "can drive right to the pier" I think you already know that.....

Hi. We were on in June of 08. Flew in so we parked near the airport in VA. Weather was cool and rainy so I had to buy a sweater. Still cool when we pulled out. We didn't mind because we were docked right across from the Statue of Liberty.:) The rest of the cruise was great weather.

Folks handling the bags weren't too friendly outside but inside folks were very nice. Pretty painless getting on and off. Great cruise!

We just got off the CB a little over a week ago. Check in and embarkation was very easy, and everyone was very friendly. The weather was cool in NYC, and a little cool the first sea day, and the last sea day coming back, but we were still able to enjoy our balcony

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale, and the NCL Spirit out of NYC. With those two combined, I should be able to answer your questions...The CP is a beautiful ship. Definitely eat in one of the speciality restaurants atleast once. There are alot of nice areas around deck to enjoy your breakfast outside as your coming into port. As far as the parking in NYC, its $20 per day, after the 1st day of your cruise. The 24hrs is $23, then it goes to $20 after that. Expect to pay for EVERY day your car is parked there. Meaning the day you get there, the days your on your cruise, AND the day you get back. Even though your usually at your car by 9am, you still pay for that entire day. Also, when I was there, it was cash only, and you paid when you dropped the car off. (They know how long the cruise is, so they know how much to charge you ahead of time). Hope this helps :-)

Archived