MSC Musica Sept 20th - Venice - Where is Port in Venice?

cathy cruisin

We are staying at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice, anyone know how to get to Cruise Port from there? Free Shuttles to two locations from hotel, so will need to figure which will be best to connect with canal transport to port. I can't find port name on MSC site or confirmation. How early do you have to be at port. Want to get the most of day in Venice, so hope to arrive at port 1.5 hours ahead. Thanks for any info.

:)

Hi there!

We were on the Musica from Venice in early June. The port is not far by bus from Venice's Piazzale Roma, and if you're on an MSC cruise, this is a free shuttle. If you stand with your back to the new bridge that connects P. Roma to the train station (with the ACTV ticket booth to your right), look to the far side of the bus parking and that's where the MSC bus will be. It may not be there at this moment, as there's only one that runs back and forth! The stalls will be on your left, and the bus parks at the end of the stalls.

My understanding is that the Hilton will provide transportation to Piazzale Roma or San Marco. If that's the case, you'll be set. If not, then you'll have to take either a vaporetto or water taxi to P. Roma. If you're thinking of a water taxi, then I'd just get one to the port itself. Rather pricey, but only you can decide if that's worth the hassle of luggage on a vaporetto!

We spent the morning and lunch in Venice before departing. I think we boarded about 2 or 3 pm for a 6pm departure. No lines for us at that time, and I never saw one after we got into our cabin (our balcony overlooked the port authority).

I'd not shave it closer than 4 or 5pm though. The captain seemed quite prompt on leaving all ports!

Have a great cruise!

Archived