Montreal Taxis

They will take US dollars but don't expect much of an exchange rate. With the real exchange rate around 15% expect them to likely give you PAR. That's right... they will likely rip you off a whole 15% because you want to pay in USD. The fare from the airport to most of downtown Montreal is fixed at $38.

There are several different brands of ATM in the airport from at least three of the major banks.

We were in Montreal last week prior to boarding the Maasdam. There are ATM machines at the airport right after you clear immigrations on your right. The exchange rate was 88.46 for $100.00 Canadian plus the $1.50 fee. I know some of the drivers will take U.S. dollars but I would use the ATM. Most every place we went took our dollars but even exchange and change always in Canadian. There is a shuttle bus for $15.00 per person that goes into downtown and stops at several hotels. If it doesnt stop at yours then it takes you to a central station and a smaller shuttle will take you on to your hotel.

We were in Montreal last week prior to boarding the Maasdam. There are ATM machines at the airport right after you clear immigrations on your right. The exchange rate was 88.46 for $100.00 Canadian plus the $1.50 fee. I know some of the drivers will take U.S. dollars but I would use the ATM. Most every place we went took our dollars but even exchange and change always in Canadian. There is a shuttle bus for $15.00 per person that goes into downtown and stops at several hotels. If it doesn't stop at yours then it takes you to a central station and a smaller shuttle will take you on to your hotel.

$16 for Adults, $13 for children 5 to 12, free for children under 5 (max two per adult) and $15 for senior citizens, one-way. You have to go to the Central Bus station and there is a shuttle to hotels from there. Pretty liberal with the shuttle, they have no problem taking people to my little B&B, so any hotel in the downtown area will work.

But almost all hotels in the downtown area are a flat $38 for the taxi. I'm not sure if I would bother doing the two bus shuffle to save $6 on two people.

Archived