clothing for magic (kids and adults)?

joceehadlei

What do young girls wear at night to dinner (ages 6 & 9 )? I'm guessing some type of sundress, probably not dressy shorts and tank.

Also, do any of the men wear nice dress shorts with a polo or do they typically wear pants? Do they ever wear jeans and nice polo to dinner? How many formal type nights are there are the 7 day cruise? I know we are eating at Palo's one night which is formal. What about the other nights. Trying to start packing, we leave friday!

Men dress code states Please no shorts or tank tops. Shirts that are collared and pull over or button up.

Some will wear shorts but the official dress code asks you not to.

Khakis, slacks, dockers are great. Jeans are a hot topic. some say yes, some say no. I have seen many people wearing nice looking jeans and Nobody will say anything.

Pirate night anything piraty is ok even torn jeans that are along a pirate outfit theme.

There is one formal and one semi formal night on a 7 day.

Girls wear sun dresses and young ones i have seen cute short outfits but again it is against the offical rules. So the choice is yours. The biggest thing the girls love to do, especially on formal night is to wear Disney princess dresses. Onkids 9 and younger you will see lots of princess dresses. even waiting for princess photos and signatures they will dress as their favorite princess and have their photo taken with them.

Hope this helps some,

mom x4,grandma x4

Seems as if my buddy answered all of your questions. Here is what our family does.

Cruise Casual nights (5 of them but for 4/5)

DD wears a sun dress or a skirt/with pull-over shirt

DS wears Docker like pants and Polo like shirts (reusing the pants a couple of time)

DH wears Docker like pants and a Polo like shirt or Tropical like shirt

I wear a simple summer skirt with a pull-over top and sandles

Cruise Casual Pirate Night

DD & DS wear some type of pirate gear

DH wears Docker like pants and a tropical top

I wear a longer fuller skirt and some type of over top with a tie (As close to a pirate as I will get)

Semi Formal (All cruises)

We dress like we are going to a day time church wedding

DS & DH with dress pants, dress shirt and tie

DD & I with nice simple dresses

Formal Night (7 night or longer)

We dress like we are going to an evening wedding.

DS & DH actaully wear a tux & DD & I wear more formal dresses. Actually we always cheat and just wear our Easter or Christmas dresses. (Whichever Holiday was the closest).;)

During the day for breakfast & lunch, we wear whatever our day attire is. We wear shorts, capris, tee-shirts, even swimwear with coverups when up at Topsiders. Hope this helps.:)

We dressed similiar to the above poster except my dh and ds wore nicer shorts instead of pants....but we saw many, many families wearing whatever they wanted to dinner, except for formal and semi-formal nights.

If your husband and son wore shorts wouldn't they be considered part of the crowd that wore whatever they wanted?:)

Bill

If your husband and son wore shorts wouldn't they be considered part of the crowd that wore whatever they wanted?:)

Bill

I honestly didn't know that shorts were a no-no on non-formal nights, as you can see by my siggy we are pretty new to cruising.:D

We saw people there in their swimsuits which surprised me...now they did have "cover-ups" on, but it still surprised me.

I honestly didn't know that shorts were a no-no on non-formal nights, as you can see by my siggy we are pretty new to cruising.:D

We saw people there in their swimsuits which surprised me...now they did have "cover-ups" on, but it still surprised me.

LOL! No big deal to me. I was just curious. I can't believe the Maitre'd let people in the dining room for dinner though with cover ups on.

I've seen people with shorts on the 3 times previous we have sailed DCL.

I see you are from the Keystone state. :)

They have cruisers anonymous if your addiction is real bad.;)

Bill

LOL! No big deal to me. I was just curious. I can't believe the Maitre'd let people in the dining room for dinner though with cover ups on.

I've seen people with shorts on the 3 times previous we have sailed DCL.

I see you are from the Keystone state. :)

They have cruisers anonymous if your addiction is real bad.;)

Bill

Yeah...I can't wait to cruise again...but due to car malfunctions eating up our finances it looks like it's gonna be awhile!

BTW love the HK tribute...my dh just said last night he can barely stand listening to the games anymore as Wheels drives him nuts!

Yeah...I can't wait to cruise again...but due to car malfunctions eating up our finances it looks like it's gonna be awhile!

BTW love the HK tribute...my dh just said last night he can barely stand listening to the games anymore as Wheels drives him nuts!

I hear what he is saying. The man who never played baseball professionally knows EVERYTHING! If I hear "no doubles defense" one more time I'm gonna scream.

There are always cheaper alternatives than DCL.

I see you were in a CAT 10. Love the split bathrooms in those. My wife and I also sailed on Sovereign of the Seas before she left the fleet. Talk about small cabins. Open the door and you're in bed. lol

Good luck with the car. :)

Bill

Bill

Do they have pirate night on the Disney wonder as well? How does that work? (We're doing a 4 night cruise btw)

Thanks!!

They have the Pirate night on all the Disney ships but on the 3 day Wonder cruises they don't have the Pirate menu in the dining room.

Bill

Archived