which cruise?

sooboo

We are wanting to book a cruise for next May but need your help.....!

We are looking at a 7/8 day cruise from Vancouver but just not sure which destinations we should visit or even which company/ship we should go on. Cruised last year in the Med on Navigator of the Seas and it was far too brash and big for our liking. I'm thinking that possibly the Holland America line might suit us. I assume an outside stateroom is a must.

I would be grateful for any help you can give me and look forward to receiving your replies.

Thank you

We are wanting to book a cruise for next May but need your help.....!

We are looking at a 7/8 day cruise from Vancouver but just not sure which destinations we should visit or even which company/ship we should go on. Cruised last year in the Med on Navigator of the Seas and it was far too brash and big for our liking. I'm thinking that possibly the Holland America line might suit us. I assume an outside stateroom is a must.

I would be grateful for any help you can give me and look forward to receiving your replies.

Thank you

If you prefer a smaller ship than Holland America is a good choice. We sailed last year on the Oosterdam and saw Hubbard Glacier. It was awesome. I don't remember right off hand how many passengers the Oosterdam held but I think it was 1800+/-. We loved the trip itself but my husband prefers the larger ships because there is more to do on them. Try to get an itinerary that goes to Sitka. It is a quaint little town and not touristy like the other stops that most cruiselines have. We have been to Alaska three times with another one booked for 2010 and I can't wait.:)

I agree with the previous poster that Sitka is an awesome stop and very beautiful, but do it after you have done Alaska a couple of times because next year the only ships that are doing Sitka on 7 day cruises seem to be the round trip Seattle cruises. Round trip Seattle cruises do not take you through the entire inside passage cause they sail on the outside of Vancouver Island and the seas are rougher out there in the Pacific ocean.

Holland america is doing a 14 day round trip out of Vancouver on the Amsterdam that sounds really good that goes to Sitka if you can take that kind of time.

If you cannot do a one way (north or southbound) to either Whittier (Princess) or Seward (Holland America or Royal Caribbean), then do round trip Vancouver. You miss so much by not doing some land touring in inland Alaska. Many of us on the board here prefer independent touring on our own rather than the ship tours. The Kenai peninsula offers so much to see and do.

Read alot of information on these boards by reading back many, many pages and you will learn alot by what others have done.

I suggest you research the itineraries and get brochures or search the internet for different cruise lines.

We were more than satisfied...make that ecstatic...about our very first cruise which was on the Holland America Westerdam. Very classy, sophisticated and we were truly spoiled by the service and the food. We had a superior suite stateroom (category SY) and had a very large balcony, which was a prerequisite for us.

We loved the itinerary which included Glacier Bay, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria.

Good luck and enjoy whichever cruise you select!

Archived