Southern Caribbean Shore Excursions??????

Kygirl1965

My DH and DM and I are looking for shore excursions. I booked Cosol in St. Lucia. I think we are going to do Sunny Liston in St. Thomas. I believe we will do the train in St. Kitts. #)1 I want to do the rainforest on some island, but not hiking a lot and my DH has a fear of hieights so I am afraid to book the rainforest tram. #2) My DH & DM do NOT swim, has anyone done a snorkel where the water was shallow and you could stand up? This may sound silly but my DH is afraid he might freak out if he could not touch the bottom (he had a near drowning exp as a child). It will be a challenge for him to put his face in the water, but we are going to buy a snorkel and let him practice in a pool. If anyone had been on these tours which is the best Discover Barbados or Coast to Coast Panorama? I wasn't sure where to post this, I put it in Caribbean (other), but I don't think many people read those like they do these, so I put it here hoping for some input. Also my family is concerned about being left behind so Cosol may be the only non Carnival tour we take. :confused:Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Sunny Liston tour in April 2008. I would highly recomment it as we had a great time. Don't worry about getting back to the ship on time. Sunny and his crew will get you there with time to spare. It's a safe tour to book directly rather than thru Carnival.

We used Godfrey in St Thomas and liked him a lot, but I've also heard good things about Sunny Liston. Their tours are very similar. We also have a friend who has a fear of snorkeling if she cannot touch the bottom, so I understand your hubby's anxiety. Coki Beach is a great place to snorkel as you can easily see a lot of colorful fish w/o getting in too deep at all. My friend loved snorkeling at Coki.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I understand your husband's anxiety since I am the same way for the same reasons. My wife wants to snorkel and I dont want to deprive her of that.

We did Coki beach in St Thomas (right next to Coral World which has swims and encounters with sharks, turtles and/or sea lions) - the water is beautiful and clear. I was standing in water up to my waist and saw lots of fish swimming beneath me.

We also did the train ride in St Kitts. Its nice but it was also sad seeing some of the poorish conditions of the locals. They give you a DVD souvenir at the end.

DH will not snrkle either. In Barbados, we went on catamaran with snorkling and lunch. He stayed on the boat ate.drank and soaked up the sun while I went in the water We BOTH had a great time.

Archived