where to stay in la before cruise - sightseeing,etc.

ds521

We're going to cruise on the Diamond Princess in March, and are flying into LAX the day before. We'd like to do some sightseeing of the major LA sights so we're debating on where to stay and how to go about all the sightseeing since we have a short time (1 night/1 day) in LA before heading to the Princess Pier. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Hi, what LA sights were you most interested in. There are lots and lots of places to go and things to see in the LA area. LA is a very large and sprawling area and it is composed of many cities. So it would depend on what you want to see as to where you should stay, 1 night and 1 day isn't going to get you too far. If you want to see something in the downtown or Hollywood area then I would suggest a hotel near airport. If you want to see something in the Malibu beach area , that is something different entirely,Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm would be Orange County. Then there are the beach cities which would probably be near your port destination of either San Pedro or Long Beach depending on which port you need to be at.If you zero in on what sights you want to see, then I think someone on the boards will be able to help. Hope all goes well. Have a great cruise.

Cori

We'd be interested in sightseeing in Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, maybe Santa Monica, etc. We're not interested in Knotts, Disney, or any kinds of parks like that. More the main sights since most of our group haven't been to Cal.

I think we'd be better off staying in a hotel near the areas that we want to see and then just taking a van/cab to the pier.

If you know of a good area to stay for the 1 night, and/or if you know of the least expensive way to get to the LA pier (in San Pedro I think), please let me know. Thanks

Hi, I am not sure about the accomodations in the Hollywood, Beverly Hills area, I just drive in so I don't have hotel information. But as for a taxi or shuttle from that area to the pier. You might check out Shuttle Express or Prime Shuttle, I am pretty sure their phone numbers are on the LAX web site under transportation, or once you settle on a hotel , check with them by phone and see who they recommend to their clients. Sorry I can't help with the hotels , but unless I personally know about a hotel I don't like to recommend one. I would say that you should get yourself a good LA map and pick the area you want to see, then check out Expedia or one of those sites. Good Luck I hope you like LA, and our area. Have a great trip.

Cori

Archived