What's your Favorite and Least Favorite Ship?

sherizel

I thought this may have been asked recently but I did a search and couldn't find a similar thread so if there is one, I apologize.

I am trying to book my next cruise and am completely open. I'm not so interested in ports, I'm more interested in the actual ship. So I want to know, in your opinion, which ship is your favorite and least favorite.

Hi :). So far, our favourite is the Carnival Freedom :D. Anything Conquest class will do for us though. Haven't tried the Splendour yet but it looks great too. We really liked the Victory & Triumph too although they are slightly smaller than the Freedom & other Conquest class ships (hardly noticable). We're really looking forward to our Dream cruise next year though, it looks great :D. No comments on our least fav. yet, they're all pretty good. Your "Fascination" is among the smaller ones with the rest of the Fantasy class with the smallest being the Holiday . Hope that helped a little. Have a good one :). J & B :cool:

Favorite - I'm tied between the Liberty, Pride, and Miracle

Least Favorite - Victory - mainly due to some traffic flow problems on that class ship around the buffet areas and promenade that they seem to have fixed on the Conquest class

thought I'd throw you a couple of curve balls here...

Favorite cruise/ship: Paradise, but when it was non-smoking!

Least favorate Carnival Ship: Sensation (OMG the purple!)

Favorite and least favorate non-carnival ship (surprise, they're the same even though I've been on lots of non-Carnival ships!): RCCL Explorer of the Seas. It's my favorate non-Carnival ship because it is an amazing vessel, well designed with really cool features. It's my least favorate ship because it felt like I spent a week at a mall, very impersonal!

Absolute favorite, RCCL's Serenade of the Seas for being the perfect size, beautifully planned, and beautifully decorated inside and out.

Favorite Carnival ship, is tie between two identically designed ships: The Legend and the Miracle

Least favorite of all lines is again a tie of two identical ships: Victory and Triumph.

Favorite - Legend

Least favorite _ Victory

It's so funny, mine's the opposite! But I haven't tried all that many ships, as you can see.

I loved the colours on the Victory (it was also decorated for Christmas which probably made a difference) and I just found the Legend to be much more plain with more dark tones. But that is only if I really had to choose a least favourite ;)

Favorite Carnival Ship To Date - Liberty

Least Favorite Carnival Ship - Paradise - Was on board when it was non-smoking - BORING!!!! No partying happening on that ship. So we had our own little 2 person 1 week party.

Favorite All Time - NORWAY - She was old, but she was fantastic!!

I realize this is the Carnival page, but our favorite was the Adventure of the Sea. Hands down. We loved the ship and the itinerary. We liked it so much in 07 we rebooked onboard for 08, opposite itnerary. We went in the fall both times so we got a great price, flights are not that much more to San Juan. We have been on 6 Carnival ships and liked them all but nothing compares to Voyager class ships in my opinion.

As for the one we like the least Celebrity Summit, good itinerary great CC friends, just hated the ship.

• Administrators

Interesting thread, especially as I just posted my review of my first Carnival cruise in several years, which was on the Triumph. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1015193&highlight=

My overall favorite ship (so far) is a tie between the M/S Volendam, a Holland America ship with a passenger capacity of 1400 or so, and the Norwegian Dawn, which is due more to her crew than her configuration. If forced, I'd say the back-to-back cruises I just finished on the Carnival Triumph are my "least favorite" but that said, I'd do them again tomorrow, without hesitation. Yes, the Triumph has some issues (as some of those posting here have indicated) with her design -- like the buffet layout and the kitchen breaking up the flow from fore to aft on several decks -- but I still think she affords a really good-to-great vacation experience.

I think for me, when it comes to a cruise ship -- "even when it's bad, it's good." I have preferences, but even my least-preferred ship still beats a day at home/work! :)

My favorite is the ship we will be on next. We have liked all of Carnival's modern era ships that we have sailed. The one that could be called least favorite was the old Carnivale.

Now taking all ships into account: Favorite the huge sidewheeler Greater Detroit of the Detroit and Cleveland line. Least favorite would have to be Norway as our youngest daughter was aboard when the boiler failed. I hope the sentimentalists realize that the disaster could well have killed half the people on board.

Doc

Archived