Bar set up in your cabin

LADYKADY

I have a question about the bar set up. Does it have to be set up ahead of time or can you just purchase a bottle once you are on the ship? Is there a minimum order? Are the prices different pre-set up and once onboard?

coka

I have no idea but i did read a review of a woman on the Pearl who was in the Bliss Lounge and was told to stay in there she would have to purchase an entire bottle of liquor.

I thought this was kind of crazy, and there may have been some stipulation, but hey....a clue to maybe buying a whole bottle once on board. ;)

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that. It's $3 per bottle, too.

When did it become a "$3.00/bottle" setup fee? We always order a bar setup, and as of last year's cruise it was $3.00 only. We had two bottles of liquor. The fee was for setup not per bottle.

Neverthought

When did it become a "$3.00/bottle" setup fee? We always order a bar setup, and as of last year's cruise it was $3.00 only. We had two bottles of liquor. The fee was for setup not per bottle.

Neverthought

They changed it this year. Last year it was $3.00 setup fee no matter how many bottles. This year, each bottle had a $3.00 setup fee on our invoice.

I see the price has gone up a-lot since we did a bar set up on the pearl, three years ago( about triple).

Yep, when we sailed the Dawn in 2005, the bottle of Absolut was $30 I think. Now, it's $83. It's still cheaper than buying per drink. So, as long as it stays that way, we'll continue to order it.

HAHAHA Okay...so I can buy my bottle and then brown paper bag it around the ship like vegas? LoL Bold....but awesome. :eek:

LMAO!! Well I guess that's one way to do it!! Whatever gets the job done.

No.. Just get a couple of glasses at the bar or ask your steward for some, and low & behold.. you have a "Cocktail made with love" by you!

Have an awesome cruise!

Thanks for the replies. I just thought it would be easier to buy it from a bar once on board...unless you can not, hence the pre-order.

coka

Coka.. I've read of one instance where a gentleman ran into some issues with his bar setup order, so NCL told him he could get his bottle on the ship at the bar setup price. You can certainly order a bottle while on board, but the cost will be the 'per drink' price, or at least close.

As far as I know, there is no limit on how many bottles you can order, but we've never ordered more than 3. We're light weights.. LMAO! :p

• 2 weeks later...

I see that you have to contact the Group event planner to get this set up. Does that mean you have to be booked as part of a group to get this? Me & my fiance are booking a cruise, just the 2 of us, in an inside cabin, can we still get the bar set up? It would definately save us $$. Thanks!!!

I see that you have to contact the Group event planner to get this set up. Does that mean you have to be booked as part of a group to get this? Me & my fiance are booking a cruise, just the 2 of us, in an inside cabin, can we still get the bar set up? It would definately save us $$. Thanks!!!

You do not have to be a part of a group. We are never a part of a group and have ordered for our past 5 cruises. It's just that the group coordinator happens to handle this particular task.

We have a bar setup for our upcomming cruise and bought a nice liter water container to take around the ship with us so we dont have to go back to the room each time we want another drink. We might get some wierd looks but oh well.

We have a bar setup for our upcomming cruise and bought a nice liter water container to take around the ship with us so we dont have to go back to the room each time we want another drink. We might get some wierd looks but oh well.

The only looks you'll get will be those of envy! LOL

Has anyone done the math on this? I mean isnt a drink of the day like $7.95 with the glass, plus 15%? Or cheaper drink, no glass, like $5.95? And these are bar liters? 1 lt , not 750ml?, typical drink is 2 oz? Maybe even a bit more at least from my memory or lack of from my last cruise? Star quoted me $63 for cheap popov, $83 for absolute. I understand the convenience having the bottle in the room, just checking to see if it truly works out. IF it is 750ml bottle, and decent pour from a friendly tender is 3 oz, you only get 8 drinks for $83. Convenient yes, but not cheaper. But maybe these are 1 liter, and drinks are average 2 oz per, then 16 drinks per bottle. Inquiring minds want to know.

Has anyone done the math on this? I mean isnt a drink of the day like $7.95 with the glass, plus 15%? Or cheaper drink, no glass, like $5.95? And these are bar liters? 1 lt , not 750ml?, typical drink is 2 oz? Maybe even a bit more at least from my memory or lack of from my last cruise? Star quoted me $63 for cheap popov, $83 for absolute. I understand the convenience having the bottle in the room, just checking to see if it truly works out. IF it is 750ml bottle, and decent pour from a friendly tender is 3 oz, you only get 8 drinks for $83. Convenient yes, but not cheaper. But maybe these are 1 liter, and drinks are average 2 oz per, then 16 drinks per bottle. Inquiring minds want to know.

Redo your math. They are liters (33.792 OZ). Pour per drink on the ship 1.5 OZ. You get 22.5 drinks at an average of $7 with tip that is $157 making the Absolute a great value. Even better I don't have to juggle a few drinks back from the bar to enjoy on the balcony and I can make them as strong or weak as a I want.

Redo your math. They are liters (33.792 OZ). Pour per drink on the ship 1.5 OZ. You get 22.5 drinks at an average of $7 with tip that is $157 making the Absolute a great value. Even better I don't have to juggle a few drinks back from the bar to enjoy on the balcony and I can make them as strong or weak as a I want.

My math was correct, I showed two examples, one with 2 oz per drink, one with 3 oz per drink, also a variance in the size of bottle. Ill tell you what though, pina colada, hurricane, blue hawaiian, rum runner, and most of those other famous ship drinks have much more than 1.5 oz so its not a fair comparison, not to mention avail of mixers, multiple liquors required, blender etc. I think its great for straight shooters or simple well drinks, and proves to be a value if that is the type of drink you prefer. Some scenarios may not be such a value, if that is what you are looking for, value.

I have a question about the bar set up. Does it have to be set up ahead of time or can you just purchase a bottle once you are on the ship? Is there a minimum order? Are the prices different pre-set up and once onboard?

coka

Darn-I wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago...for just a short while I could've felt like I knew something Coka didn't

(BTW L-that's a compliment-you know everything about NCL) :D

OK, to clear up the confusion: 1 liter is approximately 32 ounces. If the bartender gives you a 1 ounce drink (typical in most bars including on a ship, with maybe a splash more), that's 32 drinks per bottle (yes, they are 1 liter bottles for the bar setup). 32 drinks times maybe an average of $6 per drink, that's $192 without tip (with tip is over $200). $83 for a bottle? You bet it's still worth it!!!

Darn-I wish I had seen this a couple weeks ago...for just a short while I could've felt like I knew something Coka didn't

Hey, Monte, I resemble that remark!!!

Coka ~ good to see you!

Hey, Monte, I resemble that remark!!!

I'll run the risk of ridicule by quoting myself (and then quoting you to say "yes, you certainly do!")

I'll run the risk of ridicule by quoting myself (and then quoting you to say "yes, you certainly do!")

Oh, talking to yourself again??? And, answering yourself!!! Sounds like someone "else" I know!!! LOL.

To stay on topic, we have ordered the bar setup on every NCL cruise and found it to be a great deal. Go for it!!

Oh, talking to yourself again??? And, answering yourself!!! Sounds like someone "else" I know!!! LOL.

To stay on topic, we have ordered the bar setup on every NCL cruise and found it to be a great deal. Go for it!!

No no no (I quoted myself, but only answered you)

And yes, the bar setup works for me as well

Archived