CLUB O2/Taking others on a cruise

valancy1

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have tips for cruising with teens/young adults? We're empty-nesters and have recently acquired my husband's 16-y/o daughter.

I would love for her to meet kids in Club O2 and have a wonderful time. I know her sister (who is also coming along and is 22) will have a good time, but the younger one has had a time of it and doesn't have much self-confidence to just be a "joiner".

I don't want to put so many specifics in here--I really just want to hear from other people who've cruised with teens/young adults and what's worked and what hasn't.

If you would like to comment or offer suggestions, thanks in advance!

Just a couple of ideas - make her go to O2 the first night. They'll get signed up and that's her best chance of meeting others traveling by themselves. Try to hook up with others on your ship through your roll call. Others have kids also traveling by themselves looking to hook up. We've also traveled with one child and have luck requesting sitting in the dining room with others with a child about his age.

I am also curious about the O2 Club. We are going on our first cruise on May 1st on the Carnival Dream. My oldest is also 22 and very outgoing but my 15 year old tends to be a little shy. Once she makes a friend or friends she is good to go but I am hoping there is a comfortable way for her to meet other her age.

I look forward to hearing more about the O2 Club

I would also check the Roll Call for your specific cruise to see if there is perhaps other young ladies her age going?? Perhaps they could chat before they arrive....

Just let her know that teens are not "locked in" at Club O2. They come and go as they please. If she knows she has the choice....she may feel more comfortable.

I have two shy kids and they went to the meet and mingle in club 02 on the first night and made friends from there. They really didn't do the activities just hung around with each other all week. Just make sure they do that the first night and they should be fine.

I was cruising with my 17 y.o. DGD and her 17 y.o. best friend earlier this month. First I would agree it's important that your teen go the 1st night. With my two, DGD is only weeks away from 18th BD.She was the oldest one there. She didn't care for O2 at all. Thought the kids were "silly" and didn't enjoy just walking around the ship in a group with them. The other one just turned 17 and she loved it. DGD is very shy and other teen very out going. I did meet a couple of the kids from the club and they seemed like nice kids and they were very outgoing. Both girls agreed parents should not go to O2 sign up. I wish DGD had enjoyed it more because they do have a number of fun activities.

Archived