New Orleans Airport to Port

gimper

We are comming into New Orleans (April) a day early and staying at an airport hotel, the next day we will need transportation, what kind of transportation is available to the port ? and what is the cost? do you need to make any kind of reservations ? thanks for your help

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Kenner. It's about 10 minutes from the airport. I got the Cruisin package for $89 (plus tax) a night. This included transportation from the airport and buffet breakfast for 2 people. It was an OK place to stay. I'm not picky, I just wanted a place to sleep. I booked transportation through the hotel for $13 per person and it left around 12:15. I was at the pier in 20 min and was in my room by 1:00. I would have prefered to get to the pier earlier. Not sure if you can get an independant cab company. Hope this helps.

Dawn

New Orleans is such a fab spot in its own right, I can't see staying at an airport hotel in Kenner and missing it. Can you get a room in the Garden District or somewhere in the FQ? We stayed at the Wyndham right by the pier for about the same price quoted above; we used a shuttle service to get to the hotel then just walked through Riverplace to get to the pier.

Archived