First Scuba Dive? Stuart Cove?

TBT2012

I have been searching the boards looking for more info on Scuba Diving for the first time. I will be on the Carnival Sensation that gets into Nassau on Friday 7/31 at about 12 noon.

I have snorkeled with Stuart Cove and had a fantastic time, so am considering going with them. They have an afternoon dive that includes a shallow water lesson and then a dive. No certification is earned but that is OK with me. Has anyone done this?

My friend that is coming with me is a certified diver. I would like to experience diving without it being a lesson the whole time. But I would also like it to be enjoyable for her. Any suggestions?

Thanks. Sean

Sean, Stuart Cove is a professional outfit. They picked us up on time and we had a fantastic day. I am a SCUBA diver 100+ dives, but we only snorkeled with Stuart Cove due to my wife not being certified. The Stuart Cove building was the old Flipper set from a long time ago so that is neat as well.

Adam

They have a "Learn to Dive" program that does not require certification but I'm afraid my friend who is certified will be board. I will probably skip Scuba this time and snorkel again as it is amazing with Stuart Cove.

Might try to get certified before my next cruise as I live in Miami. Thanks.

Some of the dive shops let you do all the paperwork and tests for scuba certs at home then you can finish up your class dives while on vacation. You may want to check with Stuart as they may be set up to do this.

Archived