Dining on Carnival Triumph

meshly92905

Hi. I just got back from the Triumph. We had a great time. there are really not that many tables for 2. What we did was as soon as we got on the ship, we waited in front of the dining room to see the maitre d when they opened (i think it was 12:30). We were able to get a table for 2, but just to let you know, they kind of stick them right in the middle. You are close to the other tables. But, in my opinion, it is still better to have your own table so you don't feel like you have to be social all the time. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and have a great trip.

you can try to request a table for two now. As soon as you get on board, check w/ the Maitre D about your table. They do reassignments right after boarding.

Your cruise may also offer "my time" dining -- that might be a better option if you want a table for 2.

I was on Triumph in February. My friend and I ate with our group for dinner, but when we went to open seating breakfast, lunch, and dinner one night (when we were in san juan they did not have full dinner service), we sometimes requested a table for 2. it was never a problem. Sometimes they sat us in a booth for 4 people though -- so for main dining dinner, the tables for 2 might be harder to come by.

Food -- lots of options every night. check reviews- alot of people post pictures, menus, or at least mention what they ate.

I had steak, vegetable lasagna, chicken breast, fried shrimp, and turkey main dishes. The starters are great-- perfect size -- shrimp cocktail, fresh fruit, quesadilla, soups, salads, bread, chicken fingers, etc. desserts are great too.... of course warm chocolate melting cake... apple pie, sherbert, ice cream, cheese plate, cheesecakes, a diet dessert nightly, baked alaska, fruit.

I am going on the Triumph on 7/18/09 for my honeymoon, i was wondering for the main dining room....are there a lot of 2 people tables? also does anyone know what some of the menu items are?

Congratulations

As soonone mentioned see the Maitre D about changing your table assignment to a 2 person table. We did note that on the second floor of the Paris dinning room there were booths for four people and my family of 3, often ate in these booths for lunch and breakfast.

If you eat at the lunch buffet, there is a stair case by the dessert station which leads to the split level in the buffet area. Go up this staircase with your food for some quiet and enjoyable R&R.

We just returned from the triumph on Sat 7/4/09 and really enjoyed the quietness in the stated area, in fact we played cards there after lunch and went to this location during other parts of the day to play cards

WE had a great cruise

Once you are assigned to a table it is yours for the whole cruise or until you request a change. We were on 6/25 cruise and ate in the Paris dining room. Lower level had all large tables, but upper level had tables for two. We were at early seating, and the tables for two were mostly vacant.

We were on the Triumph and got one of those tables for two. There were two other tables near us that were tables for four that only had two people assigned to them.

As the others have said, just go to the maitre d' and ask.

Archived