I'm starting to obsess. . .

sparkle56

:rolleyes: So, obviously because of my previous posts with questions, we will be renting a HMC cabana on our Feb. 2010 Eurodam cruise. This is a surprise for my DH and I'm trying to make sure it is really a wonderful experience so he will want to do it again!

I have booked #9. What I see from the few photos of this cabana tell me it is fairly open to the sun, there is a lot of space between it and the green cabana, and the restrooms are right behind it. We definitely would like to be away from crowds but close enough to explore and walk to lunch and restrooms.

Would anyone be able to compare #9 to #11 in terms of shade, space, restroom closeness, crowds, and any other pertinent things?

I am getting so excited about this stop on our cruise. We have never sailed with HA before (past Princess pax) so just don't know what to expect.

Thank you for any advice, info, or help you can give, specifically about HMC but also about HA in general. We were very loyal Princess passengers but because of a noticeable downturn in service and other things, decided to just try something new. Friends recommended HA.

I see you were on Emerald Princess. I'm going on Emerald in October. I have been on HAL before, and I must say I REALLLLY wanted to go on HAL this time. But I left the choice up to DH. He said being that neither of us have sailed Princess before, lets give them a try. But my heart will always belong to HAL. Great service, great food, great atmosphere, great over-all. I can't say enough about HAL.

The Emerald was a beautiful ship and the fact we got upgraded to a Penthouse suite didn't hurt. But overall we have noticed a real decline in service on Princess, and especially in the quality of food.

On our previous cruises we often had trouble deciding what option to choose when dining, the choices were so good! On the last two cruises, the Emerald to the Mediterranean and the Sapphire to the Mexican Riviera, it was just the opposite. We would look at the evening's menus and try to find something that looked appealing. And when it did arrive it was not very tasty. I'm a fish/seafood person, DH is a red meat kind of guy.

We both recall after our first Princess cruise on the Golden when it was time to fill out the "review" neither of us could think of a single thing to make a negative comment about. We didn't complete the forms on the last two cruises because there was a lot to say and we just didn't want to focus on the negatives. We'll just try a different cruise line and that's what led us to HA.

You will not get free ice cream on Princess, there will be no "midnight dessert" event, there is usually one "themed" evening but it's pretty lame--if those things are important to you.

The Emerald has The Sanctuary and we did not use it although I wish we had. Friends thought it was very nice, although it does have a per day cost.

We were just at HMC with a Carnival ship. If the cabanas are what I think they were, they are no more than 10 or 20 feet from one another, so #9 and #11 would be almost identical in placement.

The cabanas are across the back of the shoreline, furthest from the water. Then next are the clamshells and then the general population of chairs out in the front. The cabanas seemed like a nice place to sit and chill, but you aren't going to have a wide open empty beach in front of you, all the other people will be out there on the shore.

But it really isn't that crowded on the beach, it is fairly long and people are out there at different times of day.

I was waiting for you to say any cabana is better than no cabana at all! :)

I changed from #9 to #11, primarily because it looks like there is more shade with #11. Either would have been great, though.

Whenever I read that on one of your posts it is both comforting and a simple statement about reality. ;)

It is true. How lucky one is to be able to cruise the world, stop in places like HMC, and rent an awesome cabana. The color, number, location, sun, shade, and hammock use don't really matter.

Archived