Alaska-Whittier to Anchorage transportation

Does anyone have suggestions on land transportation Whittier to Anchorage after our Princess cruise? We seem to have options of bus shuttle or rail. Is one more scenic or better than the other? Does one end up closer to the airport than the other? (We are picking up a rental car there.) Thanks.

Also look on the Alaska forum there are at least 6 threads about this with links to transfer companies. You will get lots of info on recent transfers. We have not gone yet so I don't have a review. Hope this helps.

Last month we used The Magic Bus.PICT0067_Large_1.JPG

There were ten of us, and they sent one of their larger bus/van's for us. I can not say enough good things about the service we received and the fantastic scenery along the way. They are not cheap, but trust, me worth every single penny!! We saw so many things along the way, and stopped many many times. Got closer to glaciers and iceburgs with this company along the Turnagain arm, than we had been able to with a week's worth of cruising. We also stopped at the wildlife refuge and got to see a lot of local wild life up close and personal.

PICT0073_Large_.JPG

PICT0108_Large_1.JPG

http://www.themagicbus.com/

Archived