Pier 91 seattle

messymarie

How is the checking in and parking at pier 91

We found it very easy. We arrived at about 10:30 and my DH dropped us off at the main terminal and then drove over to the parking lot. It was a little congested initially when he dropped us off with taxis, etc trying to get up there to pick up arriving passengers, but not bad. They have a shuttle running from the parking lot back to the pier which was very fast.

Check in was a breeze. We tagged our bags (we had edocs) as we waited for DH to get back from the parking lot and then were checked in with no wait at all. We then boarded at about 11:30.

We did the 'pier 91' thing a couple weeks ago. It went smoothly. We drove to the cruise parking lot; parked our car; WE put our luggage onto the shuttle; shuttled to the pier for check-in.

On the return, we picked up our luggage at the pier; walked to the shuttle (about a 1 minute walked beyond the terminal); waited for about 5 minutes; left our luggage next to a shuttle (THEY loaded it); returned back to the parking lot; they unloaded our luggage; we walked back to our car in the parking lot. All very easy.

I really think it's best NOT drive to the ship and unload the luggage there. We saw much commotion (even yelling and screaming). It was a very congested area. Some say this is what to do, but if you can, do just what I mentioned on my first paragraph and save yourself some stress (if you can load and unload your own luggage - they do it for you on the return).

Caroline

Check in was a breeze. Showed our papers, filled out the health questionaire and sat for about 30 min. before our group was called for embarkation.

Don't know about parking as we took the HAL transfer from SeaTac airport. It was really nice because they took our luggage at the airport and we never saw it until it was delivered to our stateroom.

How is the checking in and parking at pier 91

From my experience two weeks ago:

Don't try to get there before at least 10:30 since there are still disembarking passengers trying to get out. After that (or closer to 11 AM) you'll be fine to drive up to the load/unload area. Check in itself was a breeze (we didn't get there till 12:30 so there's literally no line at all). Parking is going to be $20/day and like others already mentioned you'll want to wait for the shuttle to take you to the load/unload zone.

Archived