Playa Mia

jackdiamond

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mach! Looks like you were there around the time I'll be in Coz in 2010. Our cruise is January 16. I keep hearing about the crowds at Playa Mia and that concerns me as I know my husband would HATE that. I had been leaning toward Nachi Cochum or Playa Uvas for that reason, but my cousin (who's travelling with us) sent me a link to shoretrips.com's three-excursion package and I've been looking at their offerings. As you probably know, Playa Mia is the only option in Coz. What did you think about the crowds in February? Kind of off the subject, our cruise is Belize, Roatan and Coz. I had planned to zipline in Roatan and kinda do nothing but go to Wet Lizard, have some conch fritters and a Belikin and people watch, since the I'd heard the cave-tubing can be quite chilly that time of year. Any experience with this? It's the first port after two sea days, so we'll have been sitting around for two days already....not sure they'll want to keep doing that. The three-excursion package includes tubing in Belize, ziplining and West Bay in Roatan and Playa Mia. If I can be convinced about Playa Mia, I might do the package. I'm willing for the price..... What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Off topic reply to your off-topic question :D

Belize in January should be hot on the coast, and hot inland, but the water temps for the cave tubing won't be as hot- prob in the 70s as opposed to the 80s. For a New Yorker like me, it was no problem to do an inland water activity in January. But if you are only looking for the warmest caribbean seas, then the rivers/creeks in Belize may be a bit on the refreshing side for you. But really, it could be hot enough that you would swim in a bucket of ice and not mind...

Hi Mach! Looks like you were there around the time I'll be in Coz in 2010. Our cruise is January 16. I keep hearing about the crowds at Playa Mia and that concerns me as I know my husband would HATE that. I had been leaning toward Nachi Cochum or Playa Uvas for that reason, but my cousin (who's travelling with us) sent me a link to shoretrips.com's three-excursion package and I've been looking at their offerings. As you probably know, Playa Mia is the only option in Coz. What did you think about the crowds in February? Kind of off the subject, our cruise is Belize, Roatan and Coz. I had planned to zipline in Roatan and kinda do nothing but go to Wet Lizard, have some conch fritters and a Belikin and people watch, since the I'd heard the cave-tubing can be quite chilly that time of year. Any experience with this? It's the first port after two sea days, so we'll have been sitting around for two days already....not sure they'll want to keep doing that. The three-excursion package includes tubing in Belize, ziplining and West Bay in Roatan and Playa Mia. If I can be convinced about Playa Mia, I might do the package. I'm willing for the price..... What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Archived