Silly Muster Drill Question

SparkysWife

What do you do with your DOD during the Muster Drill? Can you bring it with you, or do you have to leave it in your cabin? This question came to mind when I was reading threads about life vest free Muster Drills in the future, which would mean there would be no reason for me to go to my cabin right before the drill.

Thanks!

You obviously have to go to the cabin right before the drill to get your life jacket - unless you are already walking around with it?

As far as I know I don't think showing up with a DOD in hand is a good idea - and you will probably be asked not to? I understand all the bars are closed during muster which I guess discourages drinking during that time?

You obviously have to go to the cabin right before the drill to get your life jacket - unless you are already walking around with it?

As far as I know I don't think showing up with a DOD in hand is a good idea - and you will probably be asked not to? I understand all the bars are closed during muster which I guess discourages drinking during that time?

Well on our first cruise (with about 20 friends) we all went to Muster Drill w/ our drinks and thought nothing of it.. With the excitment of our impending cruise, we didn't even think about if it was a good idea or not. Needless to say, nobody ever mentioned anything to us and we performed the muster drill like everyone else and had a great cruise.... On our last cruise we knew better (partly because of CC) and left our drinks in the cabin......

I was reading threads about life vest free Muster Drills in the future

Thanks!

What's this about no life vests at muster? I hadn't seen anything about that idea. Where did you read it?

Not so sure it's such a great idea.

What's this about no life vests at muster? I hadn't seen anything about that idea. Where did you read it?

Not so sure it's such a great idea.

I was reading about this on the RCI boards. They have the vests stored at the muster stations rather than in the cabins on their newest ship (Oasis?). So if I didn't have to go back to my room to get my vest, I wasn't sure if i would still have to return to do something with my beverage. And that made me think of whether it was permissible to bring beverages(alcoholic or otherwise) to the Muster Drill.

Sister and I usually go get our lifevests a little bit early, then wait on the Promenade or out on the Lido for the drill to start.

However, the bartenders are not allowed to serve you if you have a lifevest in your hand, so one of us goes to the cabin to retrieve the life vests and the other orders drinks and snacks.

Just off Fascination (wow, been off for over a month now, my times flies). They prohibited drinks at the mustar station, made us dispose or take back to room.

Did that include non-alcoholic drinks as well?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Just off Fascination (wow, been off for over a month now, my times flies). They prohibited drinks at the mustar station, made us dispose or take back to room.

Well great then, I will take it back to my room & finish it there in a LEISURELY manner. Will probably have it finished by the time the drill is over.

Hey I showed up for the DRILL, but then you sent me away. That is my story & I am sticking to it.

If the Coast Guard happens to be observing the muster, things will be much more by the book. Also, some Captains are more strict than others. I would leave the drink in my cabin as I don't like to waste good liquor. (Spillage, you know)

Doc

If the Coast Guard happens to be observing the muster, things will be much more by the book. Also, some Captains are more strict than others. I would leave the drink in my cabin as I don't like to waste good liquor. (Spillage, you know)

Doc

I must admit, this drill (the one where we couldn't have any drinks in hand) was much more strict than the past drills and there several muckety mucks walking around. I wonder if the Coast Guard was on the ship . . . . .

What do you do with your DOD during the Muster Drill? Can you bring it with you, or do you have to leave it in your cabin? This question came to mind when I was reading threads about life vest free Muster Drills in the future, which would mean there would be no reason for me to go to my cabin right before the drill.

Thanks!

Just curious.

What would you do with your DOD if the ship was actually sinking?

Amen to that! You get to know your fellow cruisers very well during the muster drill!

I would leave it in the cabin or finish it before the drill. As packed in as you get at those drills, you could end up wearing it instead of drinking it! It would be a shame to waste a good drink.:p

I never paid much attention until I showed up to the muster station with a drink on one cruise. The crew member told me I had to dump it or take it to the cabin - not very friendly about it either. It think it depends on who is in charge of your muster station.

Thanks!

Finish the DOD... then when the drill is over, get another one:D

Archived