saint john and halifax excursions

I would prefer to book independent tours but haven't come across anything yet that I like/have found enough info about. We are leaving on August 1st on Carnival Triumph. Has anyone done any of the carnival excursions for either or both of these ports? If so, how were they? any recommendations? The only one I've read about on these boards has been the photography one in Saint John. How about the bar hop one in Halifax?

Thank you in advance for any friendly info :)

freedom tours that we got thru shore trips for st. johns. the people were excellent. they knew the tide schedule for bay of fundy so did the trip in reverse so we could get to the sea caves before the tide came in. we were the only excursion that got into the caves that day because after the tide came in we went and had chowder and the ships busses still had not arrived to this excursion.

I will be in St. John this coming July 15th. (Wed.) We will be on the Triumph. I have already posted on the roll call but have had no luck. We would really like to do the Freedom Tour to St Martin but tour company won't run it unless another 2 people join us. :( If there is anyone out there who wants to do this tour please call or email Heather at Freedom Tours in St. John. You can google it to see their website. I really don't want to do the ship's tour on this. Oh, by the way, Freedom Tours is less expensive than the ship. :) Heather has been very helpful.

Thank you everyone, I put an email out to Freedom Tours to see what they have available/the prices for August 3rd. Looks good, so can't wait to hear back from them!

When you get their 2009 Cruise Ship Tour list remember their prices are in CAD. You will need 4 minimum for a tour. Hope it works out for you. Yes, Heather is great to work with.

When you get their 2009 Cruise Ship Tour list remember their prices are in CAD. You will need 4 minimum for a tour. Hope it works out for you. Yes, Heather is great to work with.

They sent me their 2008 list, is there a different updated list I should be looking at? Heather is on vacation, so I've emailed questions back to Julia. It's only myself and my husband so I'm wondering which ones they have available for the two of us, or which tours they need two more people for.

Have any of you checked out this Thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=923754

There seems to be alot of people on this thread that are planning cruises to Saint John. There are at least 2 locals as well offering great local advice. Maybe you will find others to join you to St. Martins etc.

They sent me their 2008 list, is there a different updated list I should be looking at? Heather is on vacation, so I've emailed questions back to Julia. It's only myself and my husband so I'm wondering which ones they have available for the two of us, or which tours they need two more people for.

If you would like to give me your e-mail, I will send you the 2009 list of tours. I think probably all the tours would be a minimum of 4. The van holds 6, but she told me it was fine to keep the number at 4 so we wouldn't be crowded. They charge per person so it doesn't make sense to crowd the van unless you have 6 in your party.

If you would like to give me your e-mail, I will send you the 2009 list of tours. I think probably all the tours would be a minimum of 4. The van holds 6, but she told me it was fine to keep the number at 4 so we wouldn't be crowded. They charge per person so it doesn't make sense to crowd the van unless you have 6 in your party.

thanks, I guess she mailed me the old list by mistake, appreciate it!

lisa.ann.laurenzi at verizon dot net

We were in Saint John last week with Carnival and booked our kayaking and Jetboat with Saint John a la carte. All went well even with the fog!

Please explain a la carte. I am booked on the Dawn and they do not seem to offer any adventure tours. Would love to Kayak.

Archived