Freedom 6/20 Review *Warning* Lots of pictures and very detailed!

048-1.jpg

The waiter from 1 of the food stand s came over and gave us a menu. I ordered a Jerk Chicken sandwich and fries. Kira and Melvin ordered a Jerk Chicken Platter and Spencer had chicken fingers. I paid a total of $20 for both mine and Spencer's and my food. About 5 minutes after we ordered our food thats when we met "The Mailman". He came to us talking about how his food was cheeper and better tasting than the other stand and about his $5 cocktails. For some reason it was taking forever for our food to cook so we sat around talking under the umbrella.

054.jpg

055.jpg

057-2.jpg

058.jpg

061-2.jpg

063-1.jpg

One of the waitresses came over and asked us if we needed anything and we told her we had ordered our food 30 minutes ago but hadn't got it yet. She adked us who took our order and we told her a guy in a black t-shirt so she went to check on our food for us. She came back about 5 minutes later and told us he forgot to put our order in but it should be ready in about 10 minutes. I went back in the water for a few minutes and tried to snap a few pictures of some small fish swimming near the shore.

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

After about 10 minutes I went back to the chairs and the food still wasn't there. The Mailman came bcak and gave us a sample of a drink he said we couldn't resist. It was a slush type drink made with fresh mango and it was sooooooo good! The food arrived 5 minutes later. My sandwich was good but my fries were soggy. After we finished eating we went back into the water. I took the rest of my fries with me to feed the fish. Once I put the first one in the water the fish swarmed me! Melvin went to the stand to rent a snorkel and mask. He gave me the milkbone they gave him to attract the fish.

074.jpg

When Melvin was done Spencer took the mask to look underwater and told me there were tiny fish swimming all arround us that you couldn't see from the surface.

086-1.jpg

088-1.jpg

089-1.jpg

As time went on more people came to the beach so the fish weren't as close to the shore as they were earlier. I took the mask and swam out a little further in the water to see more fish. I wanted to go over near the rocks but there were so many people over there I just stayed where I was.

070-1.jpg

072-1.jpg

091.jpg

099-1.jpg

Godfrey wasn't there yet so we sat down to wait for him. It was painfully hot!

096.jpg

A driver came over to ask us if we needed a ride back to the port and I told him we were waiting for Godfrey. He said he would call Godfrey for us to tell him we were waiting for him. The driver came over and told us he was dropping off some other people but he was on the way back. He told us Godfrey is respected on the island and takes pride in his business. He said usually no one bothers Godfrey's customers and if they do he flips out on them.

Once Godfrey arrive we got on the 3rd row of his truck and 6 other people got on too. There was a family of 5 already on the truck. For of the folks behind us were on the Liberty and so were the people in front of us. The other 2 were on the Glory. On the way back Godfrey took us through the rich and poor parts of St. Thomas and told us things about the island. During the ride one of the girls in front of us told her sister she had a bug in her hair. The thing was huge! When she swatted it, it started flying all over the front 2 rows. We couldn't do anything but laugh. A crazy 20 minute drive later and we were being let off at the shopping center next to the port. We thanked and tipped Godfrey and I'll more than likely be booking another tour with Godfrey for my cruise on the Dream next year. We went in a couple of shops before heading back to the ship.

104.jpg

105.jpg

107-1.jpg

108.jpg

110-1.jpg

111-1.jpg

112-1.jpg

116-1.jpg

Once back on the ship we went back to our rooms to shower and get ready for dinner. I know it's corny but Spencer suggested we all wear blue to dinner and Kira was the only one who decided against it. Melvin was really sunburned from the day so Harlene made a comment about how he looked like a roasted duck.

I had a the roast turkey farfalle as a starter. It was the be pasta I had ever had and I wish I would have got it as my entree. Kira had the sefood pasta and I had the chicken again. I forgot what Melvin had but Spencer had the chicken breast and flat Iron steak. During dinner the servers danced to Flo Rida's "Low" and Harlene pulled Melvin up to dance with them.

117.jpg

118-2.jpg

119.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

After dinner we went up to the Lido so the guys could get some ice cream and found some chairs to watch the movie of the night Slumdog Millionaire.

124.jpg

With the seats we had I could barely see the subtitles but I could still keep up with the movie. After the movie we all went back to me and Spencer's room to discuss our plans for Antigua.

123.jpg

I wanted to book the Runaway Beach excursion before the cruise but everyone else wanted to wait. We looked at all the excursions offered for Antigua but all the ones we were interested in were full. So we were going to just wing it. We made our way down to the club for some fun. We stayed there until about 3 am then went up to the front of the ship for about 15 minutes before turning in for the night.

Well thats about all for tonight. It's almost 2:30am here and I'm exhausted. Next up Antigua. Until then Happy cruising!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with everyone! It was a very enjoyable review... :) Can't tell if you are done yet so I will check back... Your positive attitude is very apparent and you all look like you had a blast! I am going on the Freedom in 2 weeks!! Wow.. so nice to say that instead of 120 days!!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with everyone! It was a very enjoyable review... :) Can't tell if you are done yet so I will check back... Your positive attitude is very apparent and you all look like you had a blast! I am going on the Freedom in 2 weeks!! Wow.. so nice to say that instead of 120 days!!

Just checking in from my cell phone. Thanks for the compliment. I'm not finished the review yet. I still have Antigua, Tortola, a day at sea and Nassau to go! I'll be back later with more!

Just checking in from my cell phone. Thanks for the compliment. I'm not finished the review yet. I still have Antigua, Tortola, a day at sea and Nassau to go! I'll be back later with more!

Looking forward to it! I'm so glad that you have taken the time to come back and finish your review. I know it's a lot of work....but it's makes so many of us CC members soooooooooo darn happy.:D

Here is a recipe I had found for it, it is by far my favorite drink and it is always the first drink I get when I arrive on the lido deck.

Enoy......

THIS RECIPE IS FOR ONE DRINK BUT YOU CAN DOUBLE IT:

Ø 1 CUP OF ICE

Ø ½ CUP OF MANGO CONCENTRATE OR PUREE (I FOUND IT IN A HEALTH FOOD STORE)

Ø ¼ CUP OF WATER

Ø 2 SHOTS OF PEACH SCHAPPS

BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS AND POUR IN TO A GLASS, TOP WITH ONE SHOT OF GRENADINE!

MANGO PUREE (5 MINUTES TO PREPARE):

Ø 2 RIPE MANGOES (PEELED, PITTED AND CUT INTO PIECES)

Ø 2 TABLESPOONS OF SUGAR

Ø ½ CUP OF LEMON JUICE

PUREE MANGO, SUGAR AND LEMON JUICE IN FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL SMOOTH. KEEP REFRIGERATED FOR UP TO 3 DAYS

Thanks so much!!!! I wrote this down!! This will be my first Drink of the Day on my next cruise in October!!!

Honestly we didn't do much that day but relax and enjoy our much needed vacation! We walked around the ship for a while doing a little more exploring before going back to the room to get ready for dinner. This was the 1st Elegant Night so we figured we would need the extra time to get ready. We skipped the Captain's Party and took our time. While we were getting ready there was a knock at the door. It was Melissa from the Entertainment Department and she said she was there on behalf of John Heald and the Freedom Entertainment Department to present me with some gifts and wish me an enjoyable cruise. I received a bottle of champagne, a ship on a stick and a autographed picture of the Freedom. That was very nice of John to send me something just for saying hi!

076.jpg

This was soooo sweet of John to do!!! He rocks!

Well hey yourself! I'm going to finish it! I'm about to continue on with the first day at sea!

I don't remeber exactly what was in it but I know it had some peach flavor and mango flavor! I'm sure if you ask one of the bartenders they can tell you whats in it. It was sooooo good. For anyone that is cruising on the Freedom soon if you go to the 70's disco ask for Gerard to be your bar waiter. He's a really cool guy and he'll make sure your drinks are nice and strong ;). Oh and he also recommended some great drinks!

I am going to order this!!! It sounds delish!

Your review is awesome! You can tell that you had a great time!

Thanks for the recipe! I will have to use it to help ease my case of Post Cruise Depression that I'm still suffering from and will be until I set foot on the Carnival Dream next June:D. I've now discovered there is a video on you tube of the first deck party as we were leaving San Juan and I found Spencer and Melvin in the video several times! It brought back some great memories!

Do you have the link to the video? I wanna seee... :D

Hello to everyone that has been reading, It's been about a week since I've been online so I'm going to try and have Antigua and Tortola done before CC shuts down tonight (Thats if DD lets me get a break!) :rolleyes:

Do you have the link to the video? I wanna seee... :D

I do have the link from the video! Just look for Melvin in a royal blue polo and Spencer in a light green stripped polo in the conga line!

Archived