Pride July 3rd cruise brief review

jjtlawoffice

Glad you pretty much liked your cruise since we're also RCCL cruisers trying Carnival for the 1st time.

Is the Dolphin swim in Nassau a Carnival sponsored excursion or did you book it on your own?

Carnival sponsor the Atlantis Dolphin Swim. Based on reviews I picked Blue Lagoon and booked on my own. You take a cab to their marina - then on Blue Lagoon ferry. Very easy and their were about 10 who were on the Pride that did this.

Did you book the Trikk Pony Beach Horse Ride through Carnival or did you book it on your own? I want to ride on the beach during my September cruise but it is not available through Carnival.

Only can be booked on your own. None of these type of excursions through Carnival. You can book with Trikk but only a month before the trip. You just take a cab to Lucayna [$5 a person] and go to the Radission for pickup.

We will be on the Pride in Oct. Did they just change the ports? Those ports are the ones we are going to. Did you like going to Blue Lagoon . What did you do the other than Dolphin Swim. Was the beach nice. Tell us more. :D

Absolutely loved the Dolphin Swim - pricey but in my opinion very worth it. Not enough time to even do the beach but it looked nice. If you get there early you can use the beach as part of the dolphin swim.

We are considering jumping on the Pride the end of Aug.....is the Carnival Line still considered the party boat as much as it use to be??

No. It is more of a family cruise ship now. My parents booked a carnival cruise for me when I graduated HS because of its "party" namesake, but we only found a small group of people around my age (18-21). Most were older. If you are worried about the "party" atmosphere, then don't go during Spring Break. And if you don't want kids, go some other time than summer.

Guest Crazeecat5
We will be sailing the Pride on 9/6 - can't wait! We chose this one simply because it sails out of Baltimore. It will be so nice to jump on I-95 and be at port within an hour. I'm hoping they add a new itinerary by next year.

Crazeecat5, I saw in your post that you're from the Hawley area. We're part-timers at the Hideout down the road in Lake Ariel. Beautiful, peaceful area. The plan is to eventually retire there.:)

Hi there neighbor,

We have friends in the Hideout. We've been to your 4th of July fireworks display. We pass by whenever we go to Hamlin.

This area is great for retiring. Winters can be tough though.

Archived