Boss Underwater Adventure

dhdoug

BOSS Underwater Adventure - STB8

We were wondering if this shore excursion is worth the money? Its $115.00 on RCL Freedom.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

BOSS Underwater Adventure - STB8

We were wondering if this shore excursion is worth the money? Its $115.00 on RCL Freedom.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

I did this two years ago and it was fun but I felt that I did not get enough Air inside of the helmet... I personally enjoyed the snorkeling that we did while waiting to use the BOSS... I would recommend trying Beginner Scuba if you want to be underwater...

• 1 month later...

We would also appreciate hearing feedback as well since we would like to do this tour in October. We watched this tour on line and also saw it on the Travel Channel during a Samantha Brown show (love her!) and think it looks like a lot of fun. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

I did it with my teenage son, and I absolutely love it!!!! Once I got over the idea that the helmet would flood with water when I first went under (it didn't of course), I had a lot of fun. No trouble breathing or anything like that.

Normally I don't spend that much $$ on an excursion, but a couple of years later, this is still one of my most enjoyable excursions and was worth the money to me.

(On other days, other islands, I went snorkeling, did catamar trips, etc. Also, that was my 2nd time to St. Thomas, so I had already done Magen's Bay, island tour, etc. and wanted to try something different)

There is only one company that does it and they have a contract with the crusie lines, they won't let you book with out going through the cruise line. If you walk up they will change you the exact same price as you would if you booked on board. Plus with only one operator there is a chance they will sell out.

We did it in Cozumel and it was fun. I am a certified Scuba diver and thought it would be silly, but we had a ball. We did some snorkeling while we were waiting and really enjoyed the excursion.

Archived