monarch of the seas martin luther king weekend.

LISAHA

my family is going on the monarch of the seas martin luther king weekend.i have 2 questions.

1st ? is that on my documents it says you can not board until 2pm, i thought you usually can board at around noonish. what time can i get there to board.

2nd ? is i am travelling with a 6 1/2 year old, what do children of his age typically wear for the formal night.

any help would be great and thank you in advance.

lisa

The Monarch usually starts boarding around 11:30 - 12:00 Noon, provided that there are no unusual going's on around the pier/dock. We have always been onboard by 12:30PM at the latest.

The Monarch is much more low key than cruises of seven days or more. Most kids are dressed very nicely, and neat looking. I certainly wouldn't go out of your way to "dress to kill" for kids on this cruise. Have a great time! The Monarch is a fun ship.

:D

You are correct--boarding usually begins around noon. I wouldn't wait until 2P on a weekend cruise because most of the passengers seem to arrive between 2 and 4P, probably trying to squeeze in a half day at work or something else. The dining rooms were VERY CASUAL even on formal night. I saw my fair share of jeans, t-shirts, flip flops, etc. Not a lot, but enough to notice. You'll also see people dressed to the nines--tuxes, formals, etc.

Wear what is comfortable for you. I opted for a tie and matching vest and trousers. My friend opted for a very nice colorless dress shirt and dress pants. Neither of us felt or looked out of place. A nice shirt and docker style pants will be sufficient for your 6 1/2 year old. However, if you all dress up it makes a good opportunity for a family portrait!

Archived