three rooms, three kids

b0684

We'll be traveling with three kids and 5 adults. Does it matter if the kids want to switch rooms at night even if they are not scheduled for the room. They will be with parents, grandparents and uncle. I know they will want to stay with grandparents or uncle 1 or 2 nights. Does the ship have any rules if they switch rooms at night. Thanks in advance for any info.

This is one of those subjects that everyone breaks the rules and nobody cares.

The rules are basically they are to sleep where they are assigned because there are laws to how many can be in certain rooms and of course kids have to have someone 21 and older in their room. Their room cards will only open the room they are assigned to.

However when we went with our adult kids and grandkids when we watched the grandkids so their parents could stay out late they slept in our room on the couch. we just tossed the comforter over them.

The second time the housekeeping host said no problem I will make the couch into a bed for them and they left them each a chocolate too.

They said people do this all the time . As long as someone is 21 with them they dont care.

Since then I know several people who have shared where the kids slept. Some exchanged kids so adults could take turns staying out late,others becuse the kids wanted to stay with cousins or stay with grandma.

So it happens all the time. People dont tell anyone they just do it.

This is one of those subjects that everyone breaks the rules and nobody cares.

The rules are basically they are to sleep where they are assigned because there are laws to how many can be in certain rooms and of course kids have to have someone 21 and older in their room. Their room cards will only open the room they are assigned to.

However when we went with our adult kids and grandkids when we watched the grandkids so their parents could stay out late they slept in our room on the couch. we just tossed the comforter over them.

The second time the housekeeping host said no problem I will make the couch into a bed for them and they left them each a chocolate too.

They said people do this all the time . As long as someone is 21 with them they dont care.

Since then I know several people who have shared where the kids slept. Some exchanged kids so adults could take turns staying out late,others becuse the kids wanted to stay with cousins or stay with grandma.

So it happens all the time. People dont tell anyone they just do it.

They want to limit the number of people in each room because there are only a certain number of PFDs in each room. If the children are given PFDs by the room steward, just make sure that they take them with them.

You have to book with someone 21 and older in each room for legal purposes, but they don't care at all how you sleep. We sailed in two rooms next door to each other with my stepchildren (10 & 12 at the time) and they stayed in one room while we stayed in the other.

Sleep where you want.... DCL does not care and turns their head.... The BIG things are......

1) There has to be a person 18 and older assigned to each room.

2) You pay for two adults in each room, no matter what, because the rooms are based on double occupancy.

3) The child has to go to the muster station they are assigned during the cruise. So where ever they are assigned, they have to go there for the life boat drill.

4) If there is an emergency, the child's life jacket is in the assigned room, so they would have to go back to the assign room and go to that assigned Muster Station.;)

Archived