Crown to Bermuda /Penthouse Suite

patsicruiser

Just booked a cruise in June, 2005 to Bermuda in a Penthouse suite.

Has anyone else stayed in one of these suites? It comes with a butler which is something I am not accustomed to and not really sure what his

responsibilities are. Is he always in your room or just on call? My husband and I are a little shy and wouldn't know how to handle having someone

in our room all of the time.

I've read several reviews of this ship and from what I've read, it looks

as though it would be enjoyable for us. We are a youngish couple in our

early 50's. Can anyone provide some info on the ship's atmosphere?

Thanks.

We were in an Owner's suite (1008) when we cruised on the Crown in Sept. '98 (before NCL became part of Star Cruises). The space is wonderful, the deck was larger than ours at home. Know the ship has been refurbished since then...but sq. footage will be the same. Believe the ship was originally built for ocean crossings, so storage space is very generous. Our cabin had a walk-in closet, where "everything" we brought was stored in there, did not even need the dresser drawer space! We had 2 cabin stewards at that time...always available, but never under-foot, and a concierge. No butler on that cruise...we did have one on another cruise, he was never intrusive, but always available. No, the butler will NOT stay in your cabin!!! The penthouses, in the 4 corners...should be similar, although shaped differently. (check on whether the 2 lower beds can be converted to 1 large one).

What changes have been made are unknown to us. Hopefully a more recent Crown cruiser will be able to help you more. We did have a wonderful cruise..and Bermuda, as always, is terrific!!!

Thanks for the info about the suite. I didn't realize it was two small

beds. I will check into them being put together. This is our second trip to Bermuda but our first time on NCL. I've read bad and good about the cruiseline...and the crown. How can it be bad? We'll be in Bermuda!!!

Hi Patsi...we booked the Crown also for June '05. Got an OV but plan on changing that to a suite hopefully. Been on NCL twice before but haven't done Bermuda. We are also in our 50s. Been a little concerned over this being a smaller ship, though I'm sure it will be fine. Like you said..we'll be in Bermuda...how bad can it be!

Archived