Minifridge in interior promenade room Mariner of the Seas?

fv9

My daughter has some medication we need to keep cold. Does MOS have minifridges in the interior promenade rooms? Thanks!

Gidday,

We had different Promenade rooms on B2B2B early this year. Yes, they had mini refrigerators that are stocked with sodas and candies for purchase. We removed them and stored them elswhere.

Be aware, however, the fridges are not highly efficient, and do not chill. They just keep cool. You also an have ice bucket and ice replenishment, so maybe a container of ice kept in fridge with medication may be more in line with what temperature you need to achieve?

Hope that helps,

Sue and Phil.

Gidday,

We had different Promenade rooms on B2B2B early this year. Yes, they had mini refrigerators that are stocked with sodas and candies for purchase. We removed them and stored them elswhere.

Be aware, however, the fridges are not highly efficient, and do not chill. They just keep cool. You also an have ice bucket and ice replenishment, so maybe a container of ice kept in fridge with medication may be more in line with what temperature you need to achieve?

Hope that helps,

Sue and Phil.

THanks. Im sure we will figure something out.

BTW---I spent spring (your fall) of 97 in OZ. 5 months total going everywhere except Darwin and Perth. Spent 2 weeks in Melbourne right at the time of the Australian GP. Had a great time and met some incredible people. Its a very special country. Of course, those were the days when I was right out of college and had the time to bum around and live in hostels. I remember watching St Kilda play Sydney in a footy match in Canberra as well.

fv9: Hello. As Big Kev says, the so-called mini fridges (also referred to as mini bars, but they do not and will not stock them with alcohol) keep things cool, not cold.

No worries though because you can call and/or email the RCI Special Needs department and tell them that you need a real fridge for medication/medical reasons. The ships have a number (don't know how many) of small regular fridges specifically for these situations. You can reserve one and then confirm it's in your cabin when you board. If for any reason it isn't, contact your cabin steward or housekeeping and remind them that you need it delivered. Just make sure that whatever you use to store her medication on travel days (small cooler with ice or ice packs, I'm guessing?) can keep it cold until late afternoon or even early evening, in case there is any delay in having the small fridge delivered. Worst comes to worst and the fridge isn't delivered during the first day, be sure to ask your steward (or housekeeping) for ice to fill your cooler. I'm assuming--I know, shouldn't do that--that you will have a small cooler that you travel with for her medications. Your steward will also be happy to bring you extra ice for your cooler so you can take her medication on shore during port days, if you need to do so, or even so you can bring bottled water or sodas off the ship. No fresh food, of course, but it's almost never a problem to bring sealed beverages off the ship.

The special needs/access email is special needs@rccl.com; the general special needs/access phone number is (866) 592-7225 (voice), (954) 628-9622 (fax).

(General note to those like us who don't need a fridge for medical reasons, but think it would be great to have one: Please don't give in to the temptation to call the Special Needs department and...fib...about it. There are only a certain number available and they are intended for those who absolutely must keep medications or other things cold for medical reasons. There have been a few posts in the past where members have suggested doing precisely that, but we try to remind them that it is selfish and could deprive someone who truly needs one.)

beachchick

I too have meds that have to be cold not cool. it doesn't do much good to go through special m=needs but you do need to let them know. The hospital on board has a real refrig and will store it for you. there are not but a few of the little real frigs to bring to rooms and it takes 2 days sometime before they get it to you if you can get one. I have used the medical route but mine is taken before bed when it is closed. I have had the mini bar cleared, brought zip bags and had the room attendant fill them with ice and that worked but was a little pain. Good luck

Archived