Just back from med Barcelona to Venice

scotslass

We are just back from Summit med cruise. Ship was in good condition. Staff as wonderful as ever. Entertainment first class.

We thought the food was very good despite some of the things I had read about poor quality meat. My daughter had Osso Buco which was excellent and my husband had lamb shank which could be cut with a fork as could my beef wellington. Hardly the sign of poor meat. The only difference from my previous cruises with Celebrity was the soup or salad not both but if you wanted both it was no problem.

We did 3 ships tours which were very good and the Sorrento and Amalfi dr tour stopped for lunch at the most beautiful spot high on a hill looking over the sea near Positano and the lunch was great.

Venice was much nicer at night than during the day. By day it was very crowded but at night was quieter.

We had a deck party one night where the tables were set round the poolside it started around 11pm and you were encouraged to wear white

there was a hot and cold buffet of some mediterranean foods

There were 2 days when there was a brunch in the dining room and one night the did a huge dessert buffet in the nightclub around 11 30

The ports were wonderful but people were exhausted with the heat I spoke to a woman from Florida and said surely you must be used to this kind of heat where as we from Scotland are not but she said that at home she is not walking for miles or climbing up and down steps and stairs of which there are plenty believe me!

The only negatives for me personally were a non existant Maitre D who only came to our table once after I had asked if we actually had one? and the comedian Jeff Neese who really needs some new material He was funny but when you have heard the same routine on 3 cruises the jokes wear a bit thin

My tip is to go to the Martini bar and get Michael to do his magic tricks he is amazing and the drinks are pretty great too

We also had a ship day when most people were off the ship and there were only a handful of people on board it was great .

I was on the same cruise, and enjoyed every moment of it. It was such a wonderful experience, both the ship and the ports. We did 1 ship tour, and 5 private tours, and the cities were magical.

I thought the food was very good, too.

I wish we were back on the ship!!

The Hotel director was Sue Richardson from England. we had the pleasure of dining with her at the Captains table it was a wonderful experience. the Captains club hostess was Tanoushka de Souza.

To answer the other question it was very hot in the high 80s or 90s but in the cities there is no breeze and the heat from the stone walls and roads makes it seem hotter

We could not have kept up with the pace of a tour guide in that heat.

The Hotel director was Sue Richardson from England. we had the pleasure of dining with her at the Captains table it was a wonderful experience. the Captains club hostess was Tanoushka de Souza.

Thanks ! We also had the pleasure of being invited at her table last April (1st formal with the Captain, 2nd formal with Sue, what an honour !) and she was not only a wonderful host, but did a great job as a Hotel Director. Hope she will still be on board in a few weeks. Also nice to see Tanoushka back.

Archived