Carnival Glory August 22, 2009

mejoe39

Hi just wanted to say that yes there will be 4 others on this cruise. Myself, my cousin, and 2 of our friends that are partners.

Great,

Welcome aboard. Do you have any excursions planned? I am looking into a "Beach Break" excursion that someone suggested for Costa Maya. I will have to really pour on the sunscreen since I don't have many opportunities to get out in the sun.

One more month to go.

• 3 weeks later...

The sushi bar is on deck 5 (Promenade) near the White Heat dance club. We hope to see you there at 4:30 although Tim (my partner) doesn't care for sushi. I don't know if my (I'm Joe) picture appears in my profile or not. I will have to figure out how to make it appear in my posts.

I will be on this cruise as well. I am the more layed back kind of person who likes to enjoy the whirlpools and the sauna and steam rooms. ;) Any one else into the whirlpools and sauna and steam rooms? Does anyone know if there will be a FOD meetings?

I will be on this cruise as well. I am the more layed back kind of person who likes to enjoy the whirlpools and the sauna and steam rooms. ;) Any one else into the whirlpools and sauna and steam rooms? Does anyone know if there will be a FOD meetings?

I'm partial to the steam rooms myself. I will have to check them out. I think the sauna and steam rooms are connected to the locker rooms...correct?

I'm partial to the steam rooms myself. I will have to check them out. I think the sauna and steam rooms are connected to the locker rooms...correct?

Yes, they are close by. The sauna is nice also. It is very relaxing to go in there and sit. Usually not very crowded and private. Some wear a towel in there and sit that way and some wear it in and take it off and sit on their towel completely nude.

I read and have talked with someone who has been on carnival several times, that there would be a FOD meeting--Do try to attend--My cousin and 2 friends will be there:D--Sounds like I need to try the saunas--Will be at the Sushi bar on Sunday at 4:30, if anyone would like to meet--Hope to see you guys at the FOD--

"Hail to Dorothy"--lol

I read and have talked with someone who has been on carnival several times, that there would be a FOD meeting--Do try to attend--My cousin and 2 friends will be there:D--Sounds like I need to try the saunas--Will be at the Sushi bar on Sunday at 4:30, if anyone would like to meet--Hope to see you guys at the FOD--

"Hail to Dorothy"--lol

Yes statesvilleboi69 you need to try the saunas and the steam rooms. Love your name. Just come to the spa area and ask for a locker and a towel and you can undress and come on it with or without your towel.:D I am sure we would love to see all of you. :p:p

We need to set a day and time to meet in the sauna or steam room. Does anyone know of a good time when it might not be crowded but I think depending on the crowd it is not to bad anytime. What about sometime on Sunday? Or does anyone else have a suggestion? Like after lunch around 1 or later or what does anyone else think?

We need to set a day and time to meet in the sauna or steam room. Does anyone know of a good time when it might not be crowded but I think depending on the crowd it is not to bad anytime. What about sometime on Sunday? Or does anyone else have a suggestion? Like after lunch around 1 or later or what does anyone else think?

I'm not sure when the best time would be to enjoy the sauna. Does anyone know what the gym hours are? I'm guessing that you can use the sauna during those same hours. I'm an early morning person myself. We could meet up on Sunday and/or another day as well. My partner and I don't plan to do any excursions in Belize so maybe that day would be good since a lot of people will be off doing other things.

The sauna and steam room are definitely more relaxing without a towel but I usually wear one going in.

"Hail to Dorothy"--lol

I have been on other Carnival cruises and the FOD meetings are listed in the Carnival Capers (the log of daily activities). So if we don't meet up at the sushi bar then definitely try to make it to one of the FOD meetings.

I'm not sure when the best time would be to enjoy the sauna. Does anyone know what the gym hours are? I'm guessing that you can use the sauna during those same hours. I'm an early morning person myself. We could meet up on Sunday and/or another day as well. My partner and I don't plan to do any excursions in Belize so maybe that day would be good since a lot of people will be off doing other things.

The sauna and steam room are definitely more relaxing without a towel but I usually wear one going in.

Sunday morning after breakfast would be fine with me say around 10am. Like you say most people will be off the ship doing the excursions and that would probably be a good time to be there when most everyone is off the ship.

I do not know the hours of the gym on the Glory but on a lot of ships the gym is open 24/7.

Sunday morning after breakfast would be fine with me say around 10am. Like you say most people will be off the ship doing the excursions and that would probably be a good time to be there when most everyone is off the ship.

I do not know the hours of the gym on the Glory but on a lot of ships the gym is open 24/7.

The original time you proposed (1:00 or later) after lunch is fine with me. I was just saying I'm normally an early morning person. I'm willing to go whenever it is convenient for everyone.

It would be nice if it was open 24/7 for those nights when you can't sleep.

Looking forward to the trip==where is the sauna and steam room located?--There are 4 of us--we could meet there Sunday--just let me know what time--If not then, hopefully at the sushi bar at 4:30 or one of the FOD meetings--hope to see you MeJoe and Cruisebear

Sunday is fine with me. Shall with stick with the original suggestion of after lunch...say 1:30? If not I'm sure we will meet up at the sushi bar or the FOD meetings. Hope to see you all soon. :)

Joe

Archived