Carnival Splendor/The Wedding Experience - Issues

I know our wedding is not until November, but I'm a little concerned withe the fact that it has been reallllly difficult to get responses to questions from the coordinators at Carnival and The Wedding Experience. I literally had to call TWE three times and contact our Carnival coordinator by email and phone to finally get TWE to respond to my inquiries about wedding flower upgrades. I received an email with their form attached, and some info; they said if I had other questions and/or wanted something more custom, to email them photos of what I was looking for and they would send me back estimates.

I sent them photos and questions about four weeks ago. I am still waiting for a response.

This is making me a little leery about this process. This is actually my third marriage, and I have never experienced this kind of complete indifference from any of the wedding professionals I've dealt with. It's getting to the point that I'm beginning to regret my decision to go this route.

Does anyone have any tips or soothing words for me??? lol. Maybe some of you that have had your weddings can give me the lowdown. Thanks so much!:D

Who is your contact at TWE...?

I worked with Charlotte and she was always quick to reply and very good at getting back within 48-72 hours.

If you can find one person to deal with and send emails to that one person only that may work better for you.

I think right now since it is summer...and in the middle of wedding season, I am sure they are SUPER busy with weddings this month...Im sure in Aug and Sept they will be much quicker.

I wouldn't despair...you still have lots of time.... : )

My coordinator was TERRIBLE too!! I was in a similar situation except we didn't know if the boat was going to be there due to a potential hurricane. :confused: Anyway, we did get lucky and got married before we sailed. I ended up writing a complaint letter. No refund but at least they know what I thought.

Anyway, I've seen their bouquets and you're better off to bring your own silk flowers. Therefore, your mind will be at ease since they won't fix them the day of the wedding. Good luck and let me know if you need any other tips!!

Regards,

Regina

Thanks for the replies...I have noticed that quite a few brides have gone the silk flower path...:D and they look amazing! So, am thinking I will probably do the same as well...and save myself the stress! lol

The flowers are really the only thing I had any major stress about, so it may just be better to take TWE out of the equation on that.

Thanks again!

I also had a terrible time getting in touch with TWE and the Carnival Wedding Dept. I didn't even finalize my flower upgrades until FOUR days before my wedding because they repeatedly ignored my requests for info. That being said, I think it's important to have faith in the people who WILL be there on your wedding day. My on-ship coordinator and officiant were both absolutely fantastic...nothing like the people I spoke to on the telephone from both companies! I would also advise skipping the floral upgrades and doing silk flowers. We paid for extra flowers for my MOH and the best man, plus a flower cake topper. They were all pretty tacky, especially the cake topper!! Other than the flowers, my wedding day was absolutely perfect. I was just like you and felt incredibly nervous leaving so many details in the hands of hard to contact people, but just try have faith and know it will all work out. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am getting married on the Splendor in January and I was totally thinking about upgrading flowers. I am so glad to see all the responses that you got and just made it easier for me as well to just go with silk. Please let me know how it goes for you and anyone else with a Splendor wedding experience. I would love to hear all about it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have good news. Lucy, at TWE has been totally helpful. She helped me receive quotes for all of our bouquets and boutonnieres and for my entire wedding party, the cost is less than $600. I feel that may be a little high, but worth it for us to have fresh flowers. We live in California and silk just isn't appealing when we could pick fresh flowers out of our yard if they'd let us.

Anyway, I am happy so far and mentioned the "tacky" reviews about the flowers to Lucy so hopefully mine will be beautiful instead. I would really like to know what florist they use so I can check out their reviews as well, but I don't know if Lucy will provide that information. I think I will ask :)

Anyway, I am so anxious and love to be planned and prepared so any tips regarding a cruise wedding will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Archived