Celebrity Century cabin #1018 Penthouse Deck

3brothersboston

Hi people,

I've only cruised twice before, both times on Celebrity, both times inside state room, both times booked late without a lot of choice of rooms. We loved our rooms both times, quiet, mid/mid and no complaints. My question: we are thinking of booking 4/23 Western Caribbean on Century and the only inside state rooms available are on the Penthouse deck, about 4 of them way in the aft and 2 of them way in the front. #1018 looks like it would probably be our choice. Do you think the gym above would produce noise? Celebrity says the gym opens at 6, we are one floor below the aerobics area. Using the gym as much as i did i remember that the free weights were all the way in the front of the ship next to the stairclimbers, i'm just wondering if u think this will be a noisy cabin or if i'm being paranoid. we usually get up early to get a good start quick breakfast and out to port and we're hardly EVER in the room except to sleep and shower. Any thoughts? Anyone stay in/near this vicinity and have huge complaints? Is aft bad as far as ship noise? Thanks people,

Steph :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steph!

We're booked on the Century 4/23 sailing, I hope you'll sign up for the Celebrity Connections party and we can meet on board, we're starting to gather a nice group of folks :)

As to your specific question, I have not stayed in a cabin beneath the gym, but think about it, this is a vacation, would YOU be up in an aerobics class at 6am? :p Most folks who do, usually are trying to squeeze a class in before work, but I doubt there will be classes that early anyway.

If you're staying on the penthouse deck, I think you would be on a high enough deck that the engine noise shouldn't be a problem.

Archived