Disembarkment time

b0684

The ship is suppose to get back to port at 7:35 a.m. Does anyone know if we will have enought time to make a 10:35 a.m. flight out of MCO. They are saying not to book before 12:30 but the only direct flight for us would be at 10:35. If we can make it what is the best way to get back to airport. I've checked out some shuttle services that have pickups from 7:00 a.m. Any info would be great.

You'd really be cutting it close. First, "Cruise Days" (Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays) are an absolute zoo at Orlando Airport - I know firsthand. I work there! Wait times at ticket counters and security checkpoints can be extensive.

Throw in delays clearing Customs, your transportation not being on time, the possibility of bad weather and/or an accident on the BeachLine Expressway, and bingo - - you've just missed your flight. :(

Might you make it on time? Possibly. But why chance it? :confused:

I'd personally be inclined to either book a later flight or (if it's scheduled) the same flight for the next day, and spend an extra night either out by the port or near the airport.

FWIW......

I so would not chance it. DCL use to say noon and then changed it to 12:30 recommendation because they found with TSA many people would not make the noon. Once the ship docks, they have to clear customs before ANYONE gets off. You then have to collect your luggage and go through customs.... With the hopes you are not the Lucky red tag family that gets stopped to be searched through customs. With a flight that early even if you are on a participating airline, you can NOT participate in on-board check in; so you will be self gathering your luggage. You then have to get your luggage and make it to your form of transportation. Make a 45-50 minute ride to the airport (on a no traffic day). You now have to check in at the airport and make it through TSA at MCO :eek::eek::eek:!!!! You then have to make it clear across the very large airport catching the tram and then to your gate..... I do not think you can make it. We have cruised DCL many many times and I tell you, we have it down to a science and could never clear it to the airport by 10:30. I think you are stuck booking a non-stop flight or waiting until the next day. Sorry......:(

I don't want to lead you astray but I wanted to add my experience.

We just cruised on the Wonder in April and we were off the ship at 7:15 on the DCL bus and in the airport at 8:20am.

We had DCL deal with our luggage so we just went to the ship to the bus. No grabbing luggage or checking it in at the airport.

I see someone said you cant do the luggage express with a flight that early though.

Bill

It would be cutting it too close in my opinion. It took us at least an hour to get through customs and get our bags off the ship. If you are first in line then you might make it though. They tell you that everyone has clear customs before anyone gets off the ship but that's not totally true. A couple of times we were one of the first ones through customs and were off the ship while people were still in line.

I agree with PopFla - even if you make it off the ship seconds after it clears customs, the drive to the airport may have traffic, and the crazy crowds at MCO make it highly unlikely you'll be able to make a flight that early. You can try it but I'd put your odds at 70% chance you won't make it.

It would be cutting it too close in my opinion. It took us at least an hour to get through customs and get our bags off the ship. If you are first in line then you might make it though. They tell you that everyone has clear customs before anyone gets off the ship but that's not totally true. A couple of times we were one of the first ones through customs and were off the ship while people were still in line.

Last couple times I have cruised Disney there have been no lines. I must have been lucky.

While eating breakfast they announced the ship was cleared and we were free to leave at our leisure.

Walked to the gangway, scanned our cards, and off we went.

Bill

Archived