Viking Seine - Le Havre to Paris

sbrailey

Good evening!

My daughter and I are traveling on the Viking Seine on July 19th. Very exciting! But we don't have transfers from Paris to Le Havre. Long story but we don't and Viking says they can't be added. Looks like our options are basically a cab or the train. Does anyone out there have experience with this? I'm sort of torn and would love some imput. Or info about hiring a driver to take us. Or any suggestions anyone might have about the transfer or the cruise itself.

Many thanks!! getting excited!

have a good night,

Sue B

Not sure if you're going from the airport or the city but from CDG take the Parishuttle to Gare St. Lazarre and the train to Le Havre. Very easy to do. Many of the ticket sellers at the train station speak english and I believe it takes about 2 hrs from Paris with a few stops.

A cab or private driver from Paris to Le Harve would be very expensive; I priced this out a couple of years ago and it would cost several hundred bucks. As the previous poster suggested, the train is the way to go in France.

Many thanks for the imput!! We will be going from CDG airport to Gare St Lazare to the TGC to Le Havre if we go the train route. My real concern in this plan is buying the ticket here, since all the sites and boards suggest buying the tickets in advance. I'm happy to do that, but we land at CGD at 6 AM. The first, and preferable, train leaves St Lazare at 8:50, which should be enough time on a Sunday morning to get there and be good to go. My real concern is if the plane is delayed or our luggage or customs and we miss the 8:50. The next train is early afternoon I believe. We could probably store our luggage and take a walk or something, but my real concern is whether they would tranfer my ticket from the 8:50 to the later train if we couldn't make it for some reason. The ticket company here says there is no guarentee, that they only refund money before the date of travel. Well I won't know until we get there! SO...I either take the chance of losing $138 and hope for the best and that I won't have to replace them, or forget taking the early train, or maybe even try to rent a car on a one-way basis! I can't seem to get an answer from the French railroad site either. So I'm sort of arguing with myself! And wondering why the transfers weren't included in the first place! But that's a whole other story! Anyone have any insight on whether or not we would be able to get a refund or should we just roll the dice and hope we can get on the train? I do seem to mange to make things complicated! Thanks again for all the help! Love these boards!

Sue B

Archived