Pride

jbroons

Once you are in the car, less than a hour, usually. Depend on traffic, and the route you take.

Thank you WhansaMi. Is there a better/closer airport to fly into? I am flying out of NY, BTW.

BWI (Baltimore) is the closest airport to the port. It is a few miles away. The DC area has 3 airports--BWI (Baltimore), Reagan/National (DC) and Dulles (Virginia). Reagan/National is about 40 miles away. Dulles is about 60 miles away. I live in Silver Spring, MD and fly out of all of these airports. We pick the cheapest one. I am closest to Reagan/National in miles but driving there can be a pain.

Jbroons,

The port is probably about 3 1/2 hours from the NY airports. Have you thought of driving. With the money you save, you can probably go down the day before and spend a night in Baltimore's Inner Harbor area and have dinner or catch a baseball game, if the Orioles are in.

We live in the NY area and are looking at the Pride for February to save the airfare during President's week.

Presuming you own a car (and many New Yorkers don't) driving would be a preferred alternative. Also, so would Amtrak. Many trains stop at BWI so you can easily arrange with a hotel to pick you up there. Of course, Baltimore's Penn Station is an architectural gem as it is full of Rookwood tile. It is near Camden Yard, IIRC.

Doc

Thank you WhansaMi. Is there a better/closer airport to fly into? I am flying out of NY, BTW.

As others have mentioned, BWI is very close to the terminal.

Another option, if you live in the city would be to take Amtrak. I love the Acela, and it makes a stop at BWI.

Thank you everyone. No, no driving for me. Flying from White Plains, NY (just north of NYC) to the best airport to catch the Pride in September in Baltimore. Closest is always preferred. I have only done Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale in the past.

Thanks....you guys are an unbelievable source of information:D

Archived