Pearl: Difference between DD and EE cabins

ksbear

Hi everyone,

I just booked our first cruise to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl. We currently have a level F room with a porthole, but I was looking into getting something with a picture window Do you know what the difference is between DD and EE level cabins?

I did a search and couldn't find anything about this. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just booked our first cruise to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl. We currently have a level F room with a porthole, but I was looking into getting something with a picture window Do you know what the difference is between DD and EE level cabins?

I did a search and couldn't find anything about this. Thanks!

Really no difference between DD and EE other than location on the ship, with the DD theoretically preferred.

Thank you!! This is most helpful. So the question is... is it worth it to be midship? Does it really make a difference? Also, is it really bad to be on a lower deck?

If you have a history of motion sickness, the lower the deck and the closer to midship, the better. Other than that, you need to study the deck plans and decide what you'd prefer to be close to (i.e., dining rooms, staircases, elevators, etc.). A lower deck can also make it easier to disembark (both at port stops and at the end of the cruise since you won't have to deal with crowded elevators).

Thank you!! This is most helpful. So the question is... is it worth it to be midship? Does it really make a difference? Also, is it really bad to be on a lower deck?

Will depend on your ship's itinerary

If only inside passage, then only rough waters are 1/2- 3/4 day north of Vancouver Island. Accordingly being mid ship is not a big deal

If ship takes the westerly side of Vancouver Island, the seas can be rough, mid ship location has less motion and is a good choice

Take the cabin with a picture window it will make a big difference, cabins are about the same size but the picture window made it seem bigger. Just finished the inside passage on the Star and it was smooth sailing the whole trip.

Archived