driving to Mobile from Dallas

luvpep

Hi, we are going on the Holiday leaving on the 18th. We will be driving from the Dallas area and I was wodering if anyone has done that drive and what is the best way to go? We could drive down to Houston and then cut across through Lousiana and on to Mobile. Or we could go to Shreveport and then go down towards New Orleans and then across to Mobile. We have never done this drive and I am a little confused about which way to go. Mapquest says it is 10 hours away, does that sound right? Thank you so much for your help, I have learned a lot from these boards.

Cindy :)

Cindy,

I'll be making the same drive from Fort Worth in September. However, since we are going to "DO" New Orleans for a week before we will be doing the trip to NO first. On the way back I have seen that the trip through Shreveport is faster but still 10+ hours. All Interstate and DW will get some time behind the wheel! LOL

Just one guy's opinion but Shreveport seems to be the MapQuest preferred route.

Are you going to the port in one day? That's a trip I would reconsider. JMHO.

Texas-Ben thank you for your reply. No we will not be making that drive in one day. We are leaving on Friday, driving a while, spending the night and then finishing up on Saturday. I think we will end up driving to shreveport and then heading down. If we do end up doing that we will stay the night in Layafette. We are getting really excited about our cruise, not so much about the drive.

I hope ya'll have a great time on your trip in September!

Cindy

Cindy,

Completely agree with you about the drive.:mad:

We went through Baton Rouge - Alexandria - Shreveport a couple of years ago on the Interstate heading back from another New Orleans trip. I admit to sleeping through the Baton Rouge to Shreveport section but the roads were excellent with little traffic. Not much to see, so I slept! :D

You guys be safe and have a great cruise.

Ben

Archived